Here's one to boil the blood....

Bazj

Four local scumbags have scammed over 50K in benefits and yet will only have to pay back ?1 each!

Apparently their "personal circumstances" mean they don't have the means to pay any more!

Now forgive me if I am being simplistic here, but as the lads are all no more than about 24, they will have a lot of working to do in their lives. Why the hell can't they be made to pay back the money (with bloody big interest) for the rest of their lives?

If we are forcing students into a lifetime of debt but letting thieving scum off with laughable fines, what message does that send out?

The judge should have jailed them for 5 years and then made an order for them to pay back all of the money with 10% interset applied. the longer they take to pay, the more they will pay. I'm sure they would have suddenly found the means to pay then

Disgusting

they would just sign on for the rest of their lives and pay nothing back anyway Baz. Lets be honest would you employ any of them? I wouldn't.

Many students now find it prudent to manipulate their earnings in order to avoid paying back their loans, and with the recent disgusting rises in tuition fees, which caused riots on our streets, its going to become worse. We are creating another layer of the benefit trap which is costing the country so much now let alone in a few years time.

Bit like the story on this mornings newspage, financially it's a joke, just like the people who make these rules and those that administer them.

If someone's being sent to jail for four years these days, it's pretty certain this isn't a first offence in fact, I'd even say it's a safe bet it's a career criminal.

The bloke in the story has to be the worst burglar of all time and the most generous drug dealer because his total criminal proceeds for his whole career amount to a measly ?700 and so understandably he gets to keep most of it.

Bill :)

... and who would be paying for their stay in jail Baz?! :?

just add the cost to their overall bill then.

As PJ rightly points out about benefits.... well don't give them any and if they continue to be a bloody nuscience, there is always the Scottish Island in the middle of nowhere to consider!

Bring back the gibbet, there used to be one on Gallowscroft on Grappenhall Heath, the last recorded use was in 1592 - William Geaton - servant to the Bishop of Chester, Executed at Chester, his body hung on chains on Grappenhall Heath, his crime - he murdered a Scottish Pedlar, so were long overdue. :wink:

Yeah, caught a glimpse of The Tudors last night where there was a graphic example of someone being hung, drawn and quartered.

Bloodthirsty, barbaric and nothing to be proud of.

Everytime I caught a passing glimse of the programme they were bonking :shock: still there were no tellies I suppose, with or without "Axe Factor" :wink::wink:

Yeah, caught a glimpse of The Tudors last night where there was a graphic example of someone being hung, drawn and quartered.

Bloodthirsty, barbaric and nothing to be proud of.

toga wearing softy

Baz, Don't forget that justice back then was at best rudimentary and the grizzliest deaths were reserved for them who spoke out against authority etc. , I wonder what they would have made of you :D:D