Save England's ancient forests

The woodland Trust write..

Whilst welcoming Government intentions to abandon plans for disposal of public forests, the campaign to protect and restore England's ancient forests must go on, warns the Woodland Trust.

We welcome the opportunity for a more considered approach to the future of our much loved woodlands but our campaign continues. Whilst we welcome the removal of threats to public access, there is still an acute need for better protection of Ancient Woodland, our equivalent of the rainforests, and restoration of ancient woods planted with conifers.

Even if there are no sales of publicly owned forests, the worst of all worlds would be for there to be no change to the loopholes that have allowed 850 ancient woods to be threatened by built development over the past decade. Ministers have made strong commitments over the past few weeks to increase protection for ancient woods, and we will be holding them to these commitments.

As I write, there is a proposal to water down protection for ancient woodland in the planning system. We need your help to defeat this proposal by 28th February

Follows this link to their site to sign their petition :) .

http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/en/campaigning/save-ancient-forests/Pages/fc-disposals-act-now.aspx

Just corrected the link above

Heres a link to the petition that I think Geoff was aiming folk at. I've signed it myself as this sham of a government have already proven, beyond a shadow of doubt, that they are not fit and proper people to be trusted with our ancient woodlands. Please take the time to read and understand what the Woodland Trust are doing for us, our forests and our woodlands (unlike me in a politically neutral way) and it seems to me a "no brainer" to sign up and support.

http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/en/campaigning/planning-changes/Pages/planningpolicychanges.aspx

Thanks Geoff but in my haste I clicked and signed and then realised that this one is the exact same one that is on the other thread that LT K posted a while ago and I replied to tonight.

SO I have now signed it twice..... and just to make things even more confusing you have answered me on the other thread about the VALIDITY of signatures on the petition link there and then posted the same link here and I have answered you on the other topic.

Ooooh I feel like I am split in two now... where do I go next :lol:

Here? or

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17663

:lol::oops::lol: Sorry I've been around more nature reserve today and I must still have birds on the brain (as there was nothing else to see).

I'm not going to edit my post though as it making me laugh so much now you have pointed it out to me :wink:

Diz, just how many nature reserves did you go round on Friday, the one at Moore is very good though. :):wink:

Was discussing this issue with one of my neighbours yesterday and he asked if they could save a couple of trees for him as he has a wood burning stove :wink::lol::lol::twisted:

I have just realised that this is a plot by the gas and electric suppliers to get people who do use wood burning stoves for heating 8)8)

( Checks out of window to see if there are any suspicious black vans delivering Flowers By Irene) :twisted::twisted:

Well, you all seem to be getting a little confused, and perhaps wandering off the topic, but as a newcomer to this forum (a refugee from the ill-fated Frodsham forum) I can only say that anything the Woodland Trust does is OK by me. They saved a valuable woodland here in Frodsham and local people are grateful for that.

Incidentally I was "Grumpy Old Man" at Frodsham but apparently you already have one on this forum!

Well, you all seem to be getting a little confused, and perhaps wandering off the topic, but as a newcomer to this forum (a refugee from the ill-fated Frodsham forum) I can only say that anything the Woodland Trust does is OK by me. They saved a valuable woodland here in Frodsham and local people are grateful for that.

Incidentally I was "Grumpy Old Man" at Frodsham but apparently you already have one on this forum!

More than one! my friend, we also have a few regular ladies who are treasures unless you upset them, then watch out. :wink: