H.R. strikes again -

observer

Well the ECHR has trumped our Government again, ruling that sex offenders cannot be kept on the register without an appeal - as it contravenes their Human Rights. Cameron is rightly getting p*sd off and is setting up a commission to look at a (more sensible) "Bill of Rights" - save time Dave, just withdraw from the ECHR, and while your at it, the EU too! :roll:

I believe it is because the mandarins in the civil service are of the old school where the rules are obeyed without any thought - IE thoughtless civil servants "doing their job" regardless of the consequences. They need to be put out to pasture and replaced with patriotic pragmatic people. Do as the Romans did and replace the top three tiers of the civil service with their underlings.

Am i lone voice in thinking this is probably a correct decision. No punishment can be meeted out without the chanc eof consideration and/or parole. Even life sentences in jail these days have a tarriff.

All this means is that the need to sign on will be reviewed. No guarantee that the person involved will be relased from the obligation.

As long as the rules are tight enough then I see no risk by being forced to introduce this. Essential the govmt have agreed with this and are going to provide the bare minimum.

As for pulling out of the ECHR, if you read closley the british bill of rights will be alongside the ECHR, so it wont disappear.

IF, you bother to read them, you'll discover that I mentioned hearing Michael Heseltine make the point that the ECHR preceded the EU. However, I think you'll find that it's incorporated into EU law; but there's a multitude of other reasons for throwing off the Brussels yolk - imo we need to exit both. :roll:

IF, you bother to read them, you'll discover that I mentioned hearing Michael Heseltine make the point that the ECHR preceded the EU. However, I think you'll find that it's incorporated into EU law; but there's a multitude of other reasons for throwing off the Brussels yolk - imo we need to exit both. :roll:

I did bother and no I won't discover you mentioning anything whatsoever to do with Heseltine in this thread nor a mention of precedence re. EU,EHCR,EU LAW et al. as you didn't mention them at all in this thread. Even a revisionist like youself can't get away with just lying and expecting folk to be gullible enough to simply take the word of an eye rolling numpty.

So come on Observer, please be kind enough to point out where you mentioned this in the thread :roll::roll::roll: