Your Country Needs You!

observer

.....An overwhelming natural event, often unpredictable or difficult to anticipate, that is uncontrolled and uninfluenced by the power of man and that directly and exclusively results from the occurrence of natural causes that could not have been prevented by the exercise of foresight or caution or prudence; an inevitable accident.

.....An overwhelming natural event, often unpredictable or difficult to anticipate, that is uncontrolled and uninfluenced by the power of man and that directly and exclusively results from the occurrence of natural causes that could not have been prevented by the exercise of foresight or caution or prudence; an inevitable accident.

............and nothing to do with God.

............and nothing to do with God.

No, but allegedly he was there.

Very good Dizzy, but really what we're talking about is what Insurance Companies are willing to pay out on. :wink::wink:

I was just answering the question which said 'define act of god' :lol:

Insurance companies apparently don't actually use this term anymore and your policy small print will define and specifiy exclusions and show exactly what you are or are not covered for.

Anyone ever read all the small print on theirs though.... mental note to read mine tomorrow just incase :shock::wink:

If all else fails and they say it is an act of god then just say you're doing a Steve Myers and file a claim against gods earthbound representatives :wink:

I think, if you were to actually look into it properly, that this is the figure for tax year 2008-2009 and was the tax owing to HMRC when previous years losses were taken into account. I don't know why you think that HMRC are so incompetent that big companies can somehow fiddle the books to get away with non payment of tax owed :roll::roll::roll::roll: