?50 on the spot litter fines

Gary

Seems as though they will be part of a team, them and a PCSO.

What about somebody who accidently and unknowingly drops some litter, won't they be given the chance to pick it up without a fine.

I guess reasonableness won't form part of the process.

Fortress Britain, criminals set free, CCTVs everywhere, litter fines....the list goes on...and on, how has it all got to this state. :(

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

What about somebody who accidently and unknowingly drops some litter, won't they be given the chance to pick it up without a fine.

I guess reasonableness won't form part of the process.

:(

Gosh why not accidents do happen.

Trouble is these days parents lead by example and drop litter on the pavemenst and throw it out of cars. Just look at the grass verges covered on McD boxes. It's about time the parents and their children picked up the tab.

Asperity, Geoff has been pushing pieces of paper through doors in the Padgate area. I think that is what the reference is. :wink:

Whilst I think that litter-bugs need to be dealt with, I would have thought that the bigger Health and Safety problem that needed addressing was the drunkenness and violence that went on in town.

That's more likely to keep people away, not the litter issue.

And Geoff, the litter you refer to is probably dropped by the booze brigade.

It really annoys me when people just drop litter wherever they feel like it without giving it a second thought but as Gary says what happens if a kiddie does it ?????

I have brought mine up to respect the fact that litter goes in bins or is brought home and disposed of BUT if he rebells and is caught dropping litter I certainly wont be paying his pay his fine for him.

So that leaves a tricky situation.... as he's rather young, still at school and not earning a wage how will he pay it?.... so will they lock him up or me :o

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

Originally posted by Gary:

Interesting to see Warrington Council will be introducing this next year - if juveniles are given on the spot fines - will their parents be liable?

Good point, maybe some will do it on purpose to get their parents into trouble. :D:wink:

Originally posted by Dismayed:

It really annoys me when people just drop litter wherever they feel like it without giving it a second thought but as Gary says what happens if a kiddie does it ?????

I have brought mine up to respect the fact that litter goes in bins or is brought home and disposed of BUT if he rebells and is caught dropping litter I certainly wont be paying his pay his fine for him.

So that leaves a tricky situation.... as he's rather young, still at school and not earning a wage how will he pay it?.... so will they lock him up or me :D

Is it that time of year already?

I was just thinking ?50 that's cheap and what's more, I'm sure the "fine" used to be much higher than that years ago.

Hands up everyone that knows anyone who's been fined for speeding just last year.

Now hands up anybody who knows anyone, anywhere that's ever been fined for dropping litter. :roll:

Nah. I don't buy this story for one moment. I mean, it's just not that believable without the fairies.

Bill :sleeping:

[ 17.11.2007, 10:01: Message edited by: Bill ]