Warrington on German TV

Steve the Original

I am dumbfounded!! Susanne and i were watching the German news on guess what? Warrington was shown onthe news,in specific Bridge street and what goes on there at the Weekends well we are disgusted and shocked to say the least...

I know its a hot spot for trouble but the way the girls were acting as well were just unbelievable and when we are over next year we will make a point of missing out Bridge street..

We find it hard that nothing is done to stop this 60 pubs and clubs on one street and all the things that go on there, putting a dozen cops on the street to keep an eye on things isnt going far enough maybe the council should look at closing down a few of the pubs or clubs and moving them to somewhere else so that not all clubs and pubs are so close at least that way there little chance of a large gathering of people from all the clubs and pubs..

This has really put Warrington on the map here in Germany and the Germans will now look at Warrington as a place full of Louts and easy Women.. :o:o

Steve

Originally posted by Steve the original:

I am dumbfounded!! Susanne and i were watching the German news on guess what? Warrington was shown onthe news,in specific Bridge street and what goes on there at the Weekends well we are disgusted and shocked to say the least...

I know its a hot spot for trouble but the way the girls were acting as well were just unbelievable and when we are over next year we will make a point of missing out Bridge street..

We find it hard that nothing is done to stop this 60 pubs and clubs on one street and all the things that go on there, putting a dozen cops on the street to keep an eye on things isnt going far enough maybe the council should look at closing down a few of the pubs or clubs and moving them to somewhere else so that not all clubs and pubs are so close at least that way there little chance of a large gathering of people from all the clubs and pubs..

This has really put Warrington on the map here in Germany and the Germans will now look at Warrington as a place full of Louts and easy Women.. :o:o

Steve

It seems a shame the German TV company focused on the negatives while we were focusing on the positives to come out of the town's worst atrocity in modern times - the 15th anniversary of the Warrington bombing which claimed the lives of two young innocent boys - see today's news page.

This event put Warrington on the map - firstly due to the shock and outrage and then for the past 15 years for helping unite our community and playing a major role in bringing peace to Northern Ireland.

The drunken violence going on in Bridge Street is a national disease.

Originally posted by JimmyMac:

We find it hard that nothing is done to stop this 60 pubs and clubs on one street

60? That's a bit too high a number isn't it? Even if you include the ones nearby which aren't actually on Bridge Street, you'd be hard pushed to reach 30.
Only repeating what RTL said(german TV station)

Steve

I didnt read it i saw it on the TV and they said it

Ooops - yeah. I've been reading "Flat Earth News" by Nick Davies (http://www.flatearthnews.net/) whilst on holiday, so am a little fixated on the printed media at the moment. Excellent read by the way, highly recommended.

Much the same can be said for television news however - see the Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe news special for castigation of that branch of the media.

[ 31.03.2008, 18:45: Message edited by: JimmyMac ]