Lend and spend?

observer

I know...... I got Kije in a classic pincer movement; just when he thought he had a chance of winning the argument......BANG; he was outta there!!

Baz, you had lost as soon as you attempted to put your brain in gear.

And should you have used their instead of there in your post :wink:

I don't know peoples use of grammer :lol::wink:

I know...... I got Kije in a classic pincer movement; just when he thought he had a chance of winning the argument......BANG; he was outta there!!

Baz, you had lost as soon as you attempted to put your brain in gear.

And should you have used their instead of there in your post :wink:

I don't know peoples use of grammer :lol::wink:

Not at all Kije. I used the correct word; "THERE" because it was defining a place.

So used as in "it is over THERE" whereas if I had used the word "THEIR", it would have been in the context of: "THEIR tanks were crap" and thus using THEIR in the sense of it belonging to someone....

Did they not teach you that stuff at Toga school?.... and we won't get onto your spelling!!

There was an educationalist on TV last week, saying that grammar wasn't essential to communication. :roll:

And what an arrogant so and so he was. He knew best and wasn't going to let anyone else say otherwise. Reminded me of all the left wing teachers who wanted to stop any form of academic rigour, mainly because they weren't up to it themselves.