Walton Hall The Future.......

Sha

I've cut and pasted my views on the Warrington Worldwide newspage article, what are your views? optimistic or not?

Brighter future for Walton Hall?

Sha said this on 01 Feb 2011 11:47:21 PM UTC

I can see why you put the question mark at the end of the heading for this article Gary!!! As the press and public are not allowed into any of the WEAG meetings it would be impossible to pass opinion on whether the "various developments" will or will not be viewed by the general public as "a brighter future for Walton Hall". I don't think many people will be very pleased to hear that "Things are moving..." especially as 'things' are moving in such secrecy!!!

• 1 month later...

The future is not looking very bright for Disability Awareness Day, a massively successful public event, which is run every year in Walton Gardens. The funding usually given from NWDA has been cut.

Now is anyone surprised?

Just read that WBC are increading the cost for hiring Walton Hall for weddings durning April and September on Saturday's from ?950 to ?2500. That is one heck of an increase :shock:

The increase has apparently been made to reflect the refusrishment work that HAS been done ? and to bring the costs inline with other venues.

How many people get married at Walton Hall and when I last saw the wedding brochure the reception/dining room certainly didn't look very impressive.

Such a massive hike in prices will surely prompt people to book elsewhere instead :?

Such a massive hike in prices will surely prompt people to book elsewhere instead :?

.....and once the bookings have dropped off and the ability of Walton Hall to be self-financing 'appears' improbable.....

......and the gardens are 'cleared' of public events such as Disability Awareness Day....

......then the Private Development Proposal will be taken off the back-burner and put forward as the 'most viable option'.

Do they really think the general public are so gormless that they can't see what is really going on?

Old news there Obs as they've been doing that for a few years. The blue bottles actually wacked a ticket on a car that was touching the bay markings once even though the car park was almost empty :roll:

Rules is rules and all that.....

Sha.... as for Disability Awareness Day that is in jeopardy because the main funders were the NWDA. I think the organisers are looking at other ways hopefully raising the necessary funding though. I hope they are sucessful as it is a great event that draws in visitors from all over :wink:

Yes Dizzy, I'm aware that the money has been cut from the NWDA...... who would have been in negotiations with Marks & Co re which projects are cut and which are still to receive funds. The point I am making is regarding their choice to cut funds for DAD which is a very important, high profile event, one would have thought that DAD would have been classed a priority to continue funding.

The annual use of Walton Gardens for the DAD event would form a strong objection to any planning application for Private Development. Cut the funds....objection removed.