From this morning, frosty

P J

I'm not sure why he was in there Wingy. As I approached he was sloshing about like a walrus. He had a friend videoing him and he said something about "5% neoprene". I can only guess that he was trying out a new diving suit and had his friend video it for youtube or somesuch. Its a piece of ice in his hand.

How bizare indeed and what a mad man :lol:

Love the photos PJ especially the 1st and third ones with the water fall. How did you get the water to look like it was flowing in slow motion.

I was just about to upload my atempt tonight at taking another sunset photo.. but I don't think I'll bother now :oops::lol::wink:

Thanks Dizzy and Id love to see your sunset pictures. I was about to go out and get a few of it myself tonight but a family emergency came up and I missed it. It looked superb behind Fiddlers Ferry.

The blurred waterfall effect is achieved by using quite a slow shutter speed. To get it slow enough I had the Fstop really high on 22. This lets in a lot less light at once and therefore the shutter speed has to be longer to compensate. So it was 0.6 sec at f22.

Hope this helps, if not don't be scared to ask more questions.

Did that help....errrrm No as I didn't understand a word of it :oops::oops::lol:

I'll uplad my feeble attemps in a sec but I think I should have left it on auto with the flash as they were the best ones and the minute I started meddling with aperture it sort of went downhill :lol:

Never thought of using the flash last time at Walton Gardens and I was suprised what a difference it makes even though the sky is so far away :oops::? Trouble is there was a tree stump in the way tonight as I was only walking down the local road maybe I ran rub it out :lol:

I've taken nearly 1500 photos with my new camera already and there are only a handful of good ones... :lol::oops:

Geoff I see what you mean, he does have a look of Mel Smith. I feel a bit guilty now as he seemed a really nice bloke and he did let me take his picture, he even posed.

Mary, glad you like them. I love the Winter , the colder the better.

I feel a bit guilty now as he seemed a really nice bloke and he did let me take his picture, he even posed.

I bet you never told him you were going to upload it on here though for all to see. :lol:

Maybe Gary can put it on the front of next months magazine with the heading 'Do You Know This Man... and What Was He Really Doing ??'

I feel a bit guilty now as he seemed a really nice bloke and he did let me take his picture, he even posed.

Maybe Gary can put it on the front of next months magazine with the heading 'Do You Know This Man... and What Was He Really Doing ??'

There's a recipe for getting a bloke in trouble with his wife if ever I heard one! :wink: