4.7% Council Tax Increase and WBC Wasting OUR money

Dizzy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See from the local rag that Cllr Anon has jumped on the critics bandwagon over the Terris wheel, describing it as a "waste of rate payers money". :wink: And not to be outdone, Mrs Vobe MP, has jumped on the bandwagon too; not mentioning of course the ?billions that have been wasted on half baked policies by HER Government. :wink:

[ 21.02.2008, 19:20: Message edited by: observer ]

Originally posted by Dismayed:

Becasue I didn't ****** get one..!!!!

Stop winding me up :P

Apparantly the survey was done in 2004

Surveys are conducted via postal questionnaires with residents by every English local authority triennially and have to date been run twice - in 2000/01 and 2003/2004. The surveys, which include questions about public satisfaction with local government and its services, also include questions on wider quality of life issues.

Originally posted by observer:

See from the local rag that Cllr Anon has jumped on the critics bandwagon over the Terris wheel, describing it as a "waste of rate payers money". :wink: And not to be outdone, Mrs Vobe MP, has jumped on the bandwagon too; not mentioning of course the ?billions that have been wasted on half baked policies by HER Government. :wink:

Yes Obs both have clearly been a waste of rate payers money :wink:

Originally posted by Eddie:

Apparantly the survey was done in 2004

Surveys are conducted via postal questionnaires with residents by every English local authority triennially and have to date been run twice - in 2000/01 and 2003/2004. The surveys, which include questions about public satisfaction with local government and its services, also include questions on wider quality of life issues.
Well I still didn't get one :(

But if it was done in 2003/4 then isn't it the last lot who have gained the 4* rating rather than the current lot :P

[ 21.02.2008, 20:43: Message edited by: Dismayed ]

We have two councillors who post on here. Cllr Earl and Cllr Paul Kenny.

It would be interseting to hear their take on things and what they think we should do when confronted with a demand for more money in poll tax after their council wasted all this money.

Now I am not expecting a reply here so I will post the question in the main body of the forum as well as on the other forum.

Anyone fancy a bet to see if we get a satisfactory reply?

Baz

[ 21.02.2008, 21:14: Message edited by: BazJ ]

Believe they have only sent them to immigrants. :D

With regards to consultations, we seem to have so many of them it has almost become obsessive, how much is it all costing....and are they all worth it and don't they just frustrate people believing as they do that largely the outcome is predetermined and that the results are used in such a way so as to bolster the original decision.

Consultations are seen as a modern way for people in authority to avoid personal responsibility for decision making...in the past it was called management by committee now it is called, consultation. :wink:

Just started to have a quick read of the impressive :roll: Audit Commission Report but gave up at the point where I read...

The Council is willing to make difficult decisions to maintain the focus on achieving the Council's priorities. ........ Some of these decisions were made in the face of objections and the Council showed it was still able to progress to a decision despite this opposition. This has enabled the Council to

stay focused on achieving its planned outcomes despite local opposition.

Just about sums it all up :roll:

and while I'm at it :D

Notice the brief front page news today says

Street lighting

TOWN Hall chiefs are being asked to approve contracts for street lighting equipment, including columns, control gear, lamps, bollards, signs and cables, etc costing a total of ?504,865-a-year.

Just slightly less than the amount of money that they say is required, but they 'can't afford', to keep Woolston High School open :roll:

Priorities :confused: :redmad:

Looks like that's the answer to what they intend to use Woolston High for.

When they knock it down and break it up the debris will be used to fill in the Towns pot holes.

I think that is disgraceful :x

It's the old old LibDem scam - let's cut the Parish Council Tax by 25p - but don't tell anyone that they forced a Parish election on the voters that will have cost in eccess of 2,000 to 3,000 pounds. It certainly wasn't Labour sympathises who called an by-election!!!!!Works out at approximately 1,000 pounds a month - IS that value for money?

Maybe voters will wake up and realise that the LibDem/Cons alliance is costing them a fortune and delivering nought but a huge headache of a legacy.

[ 23.02.2008, 13:32: Message edited by: Geoff Settle ]

Originally posted by Geoff Settle:

Obviously they are the boys and girls in blue and not the yellow brigade but what do their constituaent think about the services they are getting? Obviously this is a leading question and of course you are going to tell us how brilliant the Tory provided services are, Oui Non?

The answer is in the ballot box in those areas. :wink: