POTHOLES - They are coming back again

Dizzy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.. update on my last long update re the potholes and idiotic markings etc.

In 6 days (as expected :D ) quite a few of the unmarked 'it doesnt fit the criteria for repair' potholes have now reached a depth to make them 'fit the critera' but as they are not currently marked for repair presumably they will need to be looked at again by an inspector now :roll::lol: One is just over 4 inches deep already and getting wider too.

The ones which were marked are almost unmarked now as the cheap paint spray has almost worn away so presumably the paint man will have to pop out again too:lol:

I'm actually starting to see the funny side of it all now... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Good news - the Gov is giving more money, to tackle the pot hole crisis. I think it's about ?100million, which scarsely compensates for the ?650million lost to the cuts; but at an estimated ?75 per hole it could give Councils a start. Problem is - should they be patching (jobs that won't last) or should they be resurfacing the whole road (which means some pot holes won't get done)? :?

• 2 weeks later...

It's taking them long enough though.... I'm bored of taking photo's of them now but there is a huge one near the Stag Pub at Walton but hey I am not knocking the council as they have marked around it... they just haven't filled the damn thing in yet for some unknow reason.

Maybe it is because it much deeper than the required 40mm depth and as such they are having to do a H&S assessment first for their workers and train them in the art of abseiling :wink:

• 1 year later...

OOPS... I've just had to delete my own post from here and have now added it to the more current topic about the same issue (which is where I though I was when I typed it) :oops::lol:

Edited by Dizzy
Edited because I am a muppet and wasn't concentrating and posted in the wrong topic