• By Letter
    • At their Surgery
    • Don't bother
    • Other please state

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not Pete but that's my point of view.

My constituents children are getting run over - reducing the speed should help lessen the impact & educating the children of the dangers is another way.

Surely this is the time when you can make your views known when and if they knock on your door or phone you :roll:

Maybe not Pete but that's my point of view.

My constituents children are getting run over - reducing the speed should help lessen the impact & educating the children of the dangers is another way.

Surely this is the time when you can make your views known when and if they knock on your door or phone you :roll:

Not saying it's not, but there has been a thread about this for weeks/months, and I don't recall any mention of anyone getting run over. How many over the last 12 months? and were any fatal?

The speed reduction won't make much difference, because those who do more than 30 now aren't going to take any notice PLUS it will give pedestrians a sense of false security, but no-one thinks outside of the box.

Personally, I expect accidents to increase. I just hope that I am wrong

I know of two that have occurred within the last two months.

One was reported in the media whilst the other came to my attention last weekend.

When I went to see and talk to residents I witnessed one young driver at speed, a number of children running straight into the road without looking whilst another 3 flew down a path on bikes and straight into the road. One came off his bike and crashed as he tried to avoid a parked car.

You are correct I haven't posted these of this site just been too busy. :oops: - wash my mouth out :wink:

But as this thread is about contacting Councillors - would people contact their Borough Councillor about such things and is so how would they do it :?:

When I went to see and talk to residents I witnessed one young driver at speed

Geoff, it has been proven ad infinitum that human beings cannot judge speed correctly with the naked eye; so I am guessing that unless you had a speed camera, you were having a good guess at the speed of the young driver?

However your following points say it all really when it comes to the knee jerk nonsense that has accompanied this 20 mph farce....

a number of children running straight into the road without looking

Kids running out into the street without looking...... educate the kids

3 {kids} flew down a path on bikes and straight into the road

bikes always fly past and NEVER follow the rules of the road nor do they obey traffic signals

One came off his bike and crashed as he tried to avoid a parked car.

and finally; I know you 20mph luvvies are clutching at straws when you are stooping as low as to blame a parked car for causing a cyclist to come off!

Where there's blame and all that

I refuse to high jack my own thread so I'm bowing out of this one after one last sentence.

I have sent requests to local scholls and they are going once more to issue reminders in newsletters and the police will be taking a closer interest, at the end of the day its the parents who must bring the message home in my view.

I have sent requests to local scholls and they are going once more to issue reminders in newsletters and the police will be taking a closer interest, at the end of the day its the parents who must bring the message home in my view.

Can we stop the 20 then if that is going to happen? Sorted.

:lol:

Councillors may listen when it comes to getting a tree cut down or a bit of fly tipping shifted but looking at some of the "major" stuff that has happened over the years in the town; they don't listen on the important things that matter to the voters. (fyi I am not including the 20mph thing because I don't really think that has been fully explained to all those people who nodded when asked if they thought it was a good idea....)

He didn't last long on the door step then! :lol:

If you mean me OBS I'm still doing my street surgeries especially as it is now much lighter for longer in the evenings :wink:

I was struggling with the poor pavement surface and kept stumbling in the dark but now I can keep an eye on the path ahead :arrow:

Unfortunately your just a ward away so I won't be calling down your street personally but happy I am more than happy to pass on any issues you may have via PM to be actioned :wink: after all that's what community action is :D

I think the results of the poll sum local/politics up.

12 votes from the number of views, even allowing for repeat visits isn't many.

Perhaps people don't know or care who or what councillors are or do!!!! :D

But isn't the low number of votes on the poll more to do with the fact that only registered forum members can vote Peter rather than just overall general apathy.

If you are not a forum member you can only read and lets face it there aren't a great number of actual registered posters on here but there are a LOT of readers :wink:

Maybe polls should be open to everyone and not restricted to members.. but then again some people may vote more than once then :?

It is not just that the councillors dont listen, its that the council officers seem to think they are running the town and can do what they want.

this is confirmed by the sheep who do not query any of the documents and policies produced by this overpaid band of people. Most councillors sit on their bums and nod their headsm just like nodding donkeys..

Starting at Ward Scope as the inner sphere of influence trying to resolve constituent issues (or pointing them in the right direction to get help) moving on to Borough for services and policy as the outer sphere of influence with a dash of committees that I serve on OBS:wink:

I realise now that I should have added Warrington-World Wide to the list of ways you can on some occasions contact you Borough Councillor :wink:

I realise now that I should have added Warrington-World Wide to the list of ways you can on some occasions contact you Borough Councillor :wink:

Geoff, I'll give you one thing..... there have been a great number of councillors on here over the years, but you are the only one who will stand your ground and fight your corner in public and I have to admire you for that.

I wouldn't of course vote for you in a million years as you stand for a party which I don't and would never support. Now if we got rid of party politics from local government I'd vote you in tomorrow! :lol:

I think the results of the poll sum local/politics up.

12 votes from the number of views, even allowing for repeat visits isn't many.

Perhaps people don't know or care who or what councillors are or do!!!! :D

But isn't the low number of votes on the poll more to do with the fact that only registered forum members can vote Peter rather than just overall general apathy.

If you are not a forum member you can only read and lets face it there aren't a great number of actual registered posters on here but there are a LOT of readers :wink:

Maybe polls should be open to everyone and not restricted to members.. but then again some people may vote more than once then :?

I thought that we had more than 14 members Dizzy? :shock:

Baz, that's the difference between PC's and Cllrs. One fights for the Community and one fights for his/her own ends.

Geoff, is there anyone at top level in the council who knows how to run their department since the dismissal of the senior officers to save a few quid?