Pink Ladies Taxis

LaurenM

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter

Good publicity? Well that?s debatable.

I listened to an in depth report today on Radio 4 that exposed the whole thing as a cheap publicity stunt by a Warrington taxi company. (their words not mine)

The person behind the pink rabbits turns out to be a professional scam merchant who has recently just served a four-year jail term for deception. The program makers also checked the credentials of the so-called veterinary experts and found that they also were fakes and the company was forced to remove both names and claims from their web site.

Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire.

Bill :)

It was explained about the bloke when they ran the film.

No mention of the taxi firm, but when it was so visible in the background, it has to be called good publicity.

Especially when the only publicity the other firms have had was the go slow/strike at rush hour last year.

I?ve just checked and their web site has now gone and probably the business as well. That didn't last long did it? What was it now? One day or two? Is that a record for another failed business plan.

I don't know what to say on this Pete. Have you ever seen anyone look so uncomfortable while being interviewed? I think she walked right into this one then realized while on camera what she'd gotten involved with. Major embarrassment!

Still if you thought it good publicity then that's fine.

What was it we used to say Pete? Pink shirt and rose tinted specs? Ah Ah! It?s all starting to make sense now! :)

PS If your easily offended, please DON'T Google Pink Rabbits :D

[ 17.02.2007, 00:24: Message edited by: Bill ]

Bill,

Your post worried me so much that I have just rung Pink Ladies and spoken to Dawn, one of the lovely Staff at PL. She assures me that the business IS still running and the website IS still there!! Pinkladiesmembers.co.uk. is the link to the website and whether in business or not, I will still be using them!! :)

I hope I haven't misunderstood your post Bill! I don't watch TV so I didn't see the interview you're talking about and having read the last couple of posts on the subject of Pink Ladies, I think I may have misunderstood your point - if I have I'm sorry!

Anyway, to get the point over once again - and to add to the good publicity - Pink Ladies are still in business and I am still using them instead of Abba or Harrys!!

Bren. 8):roll:

Manchester Evening News:

"The creatures are being sold by Cheshire-based OCPRS (Orkney Celebrity Pink Rabbit Suppliers) for between ?550 to ?700 each.

OCPRS spokeswoman Andrea Winders said the vitamin formula which turns rabbits pink was discovered by accident and is now a closely-guarded secret."

Could this be the Andrea Winders who was one of the founders of Pink Ladies Taxis :wink:

PS Could it be the same "vitamin formula" used to make trout flesh pink, if so it is no great secret. :wink:

peter report the matter look peter if they If they cause an accident you can clam and so you should and sue for millions. That are why they are licensed so they have to be. No matter if you?re in the cab or out the cab at the time. Now ask pink ladies are they the same? Driving around using a phone in the hand or sat nav is an offence in its self. The police will deal with the matter if they see them so you should be asking the police why are they not acting then. But who will check the pink lady insurance who is checking the cab are even road worthy. So some one who may not be covered is taking the public or your family around. but some of the public familys can not mean much to them if your useing them can they? but in your eye some one using a phone is bad than some one not haveing a car road worthey, not Insured, no back ground check by an Official body, not made to have a medical check by an Official body. but hay they look good, lets use them and put our family in them and say good bye. god I just don?t believe you sometime peter? So what you do you want?

look things like the above we have the powers a to deail with it. but the bottom line is are brakeing the law as it stands now. just being on the road. so how`s that peter ? if it was youth driveing around doing any of the things above. there would be an public outcry.

but hay it looks good never mind

[ 26.02.2007, 10:36: Message edited by: tara dad ]

TD,

You seem to be their spokesman, you talk to them.

Unless someone is driving illegally without insurance, I would take them to court, just like an ordinary motor.

I understand that you want everyone on a level playing field, but sometimes, common sense needs to prevail. The following is what makes me mad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=438773&in_page_id=1770

I see the taxi proprietor from Brighton who said:

"Absolutely correct by case law. How about taxi drivers serving alcohol in their taxis, it would save having to go to the pub?" I bet he doesn't bring duty free booze back when he goes away on holidays then?

Didn't add that he and his members would take the pensioners there and back FOC as a gesture of goodwill did he?

Too many killjoys and political correct, health and safety minded bloody idiots running councils these days. As someone said, the pensioners have a vote.... now lets hope they vote the miserable bunch out of office.

I agree with you Peter.... makes my blood boil too!

[ 28.02.2007, 01:40: Message edited by: BazJ ]

what gary? about them brakeing the law ? come gary you cant be that green can you? "OMG" ask the police and liceneing dep? god I even shown you the mins of the meeting take a look for your self. god how do you get storys gary .lol ? what more do you want .lol

hay its still going on as we Speak , I am not going to drop it .lol this must be the longest now gary said it would .lol

why not ask pink ladys them selfs on record gary come on be a man .lol have the guts "paul whats he doing now" .lol

yer its only a small story that some one is takeing the public a round who are not licened it not important until something happens. so lets talk about council,

Its only a company who people have put their life savings into then its gone to the wall, and put some of them on a suicide trip. why the owners live it up, "but hay let talk about litter in town centre" .

now they are takeing your children and love ones let hope they are Insured. "but hay they look nice there pink and they are for ladys". forget the rest ? OMG

Come on Gary get a quote. Get them on record are they legal or not? "NOT" are they licensed in Warrington.? "NO" and why not. come on Gary be the first? "want me to do it for you .lol come on get your TV show there Ill be there.lol

the only way to stop this is for them to be licensed like the rest us. be-above-board that how easy it. is nice when a plan come`s togather. its that simple. but most of its legal. "O how sweet" so how is the litter in town center ?

this is to gary the boss as we talk.... so if any one is upset take it. as this is not amied at any other poster. as I know most will be on as you have no lifes to have a go ?

hay gary you have not had a post from me like this for a long time .lol paul says i am slipping .lol that you short this week in wages paul .lol

[ 01.03.2007, 18:50: Message edited by: tara dad ]

peter clicked on your link but got another story sorry do not know what was on so can say sorry ?

sorry seen it peter yes it make me mad but that the law but if he was in warrington he could do it as this is what the pink ladys are doing right now

he say "I run a busy pub and don't have the time and money to start messing around getting a private taxi licence

well sorry to say its the law but he had to get a pub licence to start his work wounder what will happen if he will not pay for his pub licence and carry on opening ?

the laws are law

and I am sure that some kinded harted taxi driver willl come to ther aid as that what they do in times like this belive me

or he could have join pink ladys to open an account for his lady friends "O sorry gone bust"

[ 01.03.2007, 19:09: Message edited by: tara dad ]

TD.

If what you are saying is that Pink Ladies are currently either trading or operating illegally thaen they would not be on the road taking passengers... it is as simple as that. There must be a loophole or something which allows them to trade otherwise the Police and council would not let them trade and would prosecute them for illegal trading. Pink Ladies would also be keeping a low profile too and would not be sponsoring events advertised in the Guardian this week either

Having read wheat you have said and what I have read from other sources, and if they were trading when they shouldn't be, every taxi firm in the area would have had them shut down by now so unless there is absolute proof....

How interesting some websites are ?? Especially Pink Ladies website. there you can watch all the franchises vanish before your very eyes.

The latest to disappear is Scotland. One week its on the website, the next week its gone.

I did write to the Director at his home address some months ago advising him what had happened to the other franchises but he did not reply to me and appeared to carry on towards setting up in business. We had honestly believed he was some kind of relative or very close business associate of Andrea Winders as he was continuing beyond reason. However I have just learned that following on from the Pink Rabbits fiasco he finally realised what kind of people he was getting into bed with and has pulled out at the 11th hour. Phew, very lucky escape there Mr Scotland, even if you have lost your deposit its well worth it.

I'm glad Tilly and co are happy that Pink Ladies are still trading. Now i've nothing against the Lady Drivers, lovely people doing their job to the best of their abilty and by all accounts providing a very good service.

But my question to Tilly and other lady passengers is that knowing what you have learned on this site about the Directors of Pink Ladies (and if we were not telling the truth we would be sued by now), then by continuing to use this service are you in fact condoning their business methods. Its like if there were 2 chip shops and 1 was owned by a known drug dealer and the other was run completely legally. If the chips were better or cheaper at the Drug Dealers chippy would you use that service... just an analogy.

Just to put a human face on the misery Pink Ladies have caused to their Franchisees. And last year you would have seen all these ladies on the Pink Ladies website.

Jackie aged 59 and her daughter in her thirties from Plymouth. Both over ?100,000 each in debt and both very likely to lose their homes in the very near future.

Lina from London aged 26, just starting off in life, gave up a top job as an HR Manager to take on this franchise , in 50/50 with her Partner, again both over ?100,000 in debt through this, bailiffs have been round and she is trying desparately to do the decent thing and not go bankrupt.

Sally, single mum from Carlisle, well its had a really bad effect on her, and she virtually hidden away from the world now, her life virtually destroyed.

And little Sophie from Hull, only 20 years old, took a 25% stake in the Hull Area using a in heritance left by her great grandfather to give her a decent start in life. Well thats all gone now.

So Tilly and others , when you are sat comfortable in your pretty Pink taxi, just spare a thought for all these ladies who had a dream that they would like to own their own business and then were gullible enough to believe the Business Plans given to them by Pink Ladies. But why shouldnt they have believed it, Pink Ladies had run Warrington and they should have known the true figures. And it appeared to be backed by Kerry Catona and MAx Clifford. Just goes to show.

My suggestion to the passengers, why not give Taras Dad a call and ask if its possible to have a Lady driver and a clean car, I'm sure he'll be happy to sort this out for you, and at least you know your insured in the event of a serious accident, cos we all know how Insurance Companies try to wriggle out of paying claims if there is any loophole they can exploit, so I wouldnt like it to be anyone in my family testing out the validity of Pink Ladies Insurance in case of an accident.