Pink Ladies Taxis

LaurenM

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Pink'n'Proud:

It's hard to type when you're laughing, but here I am now.

BRING IT ON

It is, and i'm of of many who'll be laughing in a couple of months when you have to become legal and cant afford it so go bump, and then you may feel like the many others who you've swindled out of thousands of pounds!

oh is that liable, sue me!!

But I thought that that was the whole thing, they are exploiting a loophole and in effect are not private hire vehicles, but rather a members club able to operate as what is in effect and for all intents and purposes what "jo public" would regard as a "taxi service".

I suspect the semantics that form the basis of the arguement between licensed taxis/private hire cars and the Pink Ladies operation are somewhat lost on the said "jo public" :)

Yes, that's definitely liable, but looking back at your previous postings, you've made a full time job of it. Don't worry, I won't sue you. It'd spoil the fun.

Fun?

ha ha, you wont sue because you know i'm right, never mind, i look forward to you being all plated up in the new year, and then if it wasn't for the fact you ripped off all those people who invested with you i'd genuinely wish you good luck, as it is, i look forward to seeing you in that little section in the Guardian titled "insolvency"

If they are getting paid for taking people/things from a to b its private hire. I think insurance companies would agree that.

I am not against the operation, in fact I think its a good idea, they should just comply with with the rules that all the others have to follow

I think historically there have been other instances where people have tried to claim there not actually providing a taxi service and they have always ended up being stopped.

Take the case of the landlord of the pub that offered free lifts home for all his customers. He argued he was simply providing a valuable service for his customers that was a benefit to all as it prevented drink driving and because he wasn?t charging for this he claimed it wasn?t a taxi service.

The bottom line is that irrespective of all the claimed good intentions and ideals, people behind any such plan are only doing it for one reason and that?s to make profit and anyone that thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

Any one that?s in business and claims they can?t survive without the law being changed to accommodate them is treading on extremely thin ice and probably shouldn?t have been there in the first place.

Bill :)

[ 14.11.2007, 09:19: Message edited by: Bill ]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

How very strange, I've just come across this site while too studying for my degree and looking about for companies to research etc. Funny how this post was started for the same reason!

When I found this post I didnt expect it to still be 'live' as it started 2 years ago, but to my surprise this is still provoking views and opinions all this time later.

I' ve read nearly all the pages (bar a few in the middle - yes my cup of tea has gone cold, and I got here without the use of a taxi!)

It would appear that pink ladies is still trading successfully and I'm pleased to hear that. I originally started reading about this company as it seemed to be a winning idea.

I can see there has been hiccups along the way, namely the 'loop hole' that is repeatedly referred to.

I'm also confused as to why Pink Ladies doesnt operate as a 'taxi firm', surely that opens the door to more business?

I can how Pink Ladies has almost been a victim of its own success, and maybe this is why they do not want to attract more customers?

If registered as a Taxi Firm, can Pink Ladies not then run on a members only basis?

I can see both sides of the taxi / not a taxi argument, but surely if all the drivers and cars meet the regulatory standards then there isnt an issue? (Although saying this, if thats the case why not sport the licence plates? Or is it because they cannot then operate as a members club?)

It would be great to hear from Pink&Proud into a bit more detail regarding this issue, as surely the only way to know ahow it stands is to hear it from the company itself, and not listen to all the speculation?!

Any clarification greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

Pink & Proud has less than a month to comply or be prosecuted for failing to comply with the law.

Once she does, then i'd like to wish her luck with her buisness

If it wasn't for the FACT she (or the company she works for) conned so many people out of lot's of money.

So i cant, i hope the cost's of making the drivers and vehicles legal leads to insolvency aqap.

Pink Who??

Strewth Hiccy, If you were a vinyl record, i'd put a coin on the needle arm to get you out of the groove you seem to be stuck in

Why not just comment on the change in law about to take place on 1st Jan. This you've yet to do!

[ 03.12.2007, 06:10: Message edited by: hiccy ]

• 1 month later...

Hi Jenifab,

I guess you're a Business Studies student or similar. If you wish I can put you in touch with one of the ex- Hull Franchisees, a young lady now aged 21 years old who is now a Business Studies student herself. She lost ?15000 as a half share in the Franchise which never got off the ground due to Pink Ladies incompetance.

The Franchise Agreement she signed said the Franchise was a Ladies Only PRIVATE HIRE business.

As you all know it patently wasnt and isnt a PRIVATE HIRE franchise at all and ALL the franchises that did trade got chased by the Local Councils for not being Licensed.

All the Franchises folded.

If you would like to speak with the young lady concerned I would be happy to try to arrange this.

To answer the question that Pink&proud has not answered,( why so quiet Andrea, or is it Tina) there would be no problem whatsoever if Pink Ladies wanted to Licence properly and still operate as a Members only club... this would not breach any regulations, can you confirm that Taras dad.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by hiccy:

Strewth Hiccy, If you were a vinyl record, i'd put a coin on the needle arm to get you out of the groove you seem to be stuck in

Why not just comment on the change in law about to take place on 1st Jan. This you've yet to do!
It is now the 23rd.

What is happening? :confused:

Think you got the date wrong:

On January 28 the law changes for those companies providing a vehicle with a driver.

You will need three :o private hire licences from the council; an operator's licence, a vehicle licence and a driver's licence.

Applicants also need to meet the following criteria: A criminal records bureau check, a medical examination and passing a knowledge test.

So it would seem that unless Pink Ladies comply they will clearly be operating outside of the law.

[ 25.01.2008, 08:00: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

My pleasure Peter. Happened to be chatting to a WBC person the other week about PL, at one time they used to use them as a contractor, and think the women only concept is a good one. They need to comply with the, now, clear rules and regulations, and if not WBC must come down hard on them.

Given the work I'm doing with the Cartridge Lane Residents Group, I have really become anti those who try and circumvent rules, regulations etc for their own selfish motives and at the expense of others.

From what I can tell, WBC are really trying to raise the standards etc of Warrington's taxis, private hire etc. and that is a very good thing. In my opinion most reasonable people are prepared to pay a little more for higher standards.

[ 25.01.2008, 20:23: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

Now that the rulings are clear PL's will have to start playing the real game and get the appropriate licensing etc.

Their idea was a great one... they no-doubt offer a great service too... so sod looking for the loopholes. Sack the 'loophole' searcher and 'legalities' dodger.... start again and do it right. :D

Seems their concept also reached Dubai in mid 2007 where they were mentioned and Reuters also reported :

For the comfort of Muslim women who do not wish to ride in taxis with men, Dubai is now offering pink-coloured cabs with a female driver.

[ 25.01.2008, 22:02: Message edited by: Dismayed ]