Warrington v Ossett

Daymo

Yes but goal difference counts. We could also be saying If we hadn`t dropped 3 points early in the season look where we`d be.

Incidently noticed on the Evostick website that 3 clubs have been deducted points in our division for "Ineligible Player" yet ourselves and Ossett were deducted 3 points But Durham only 1 point. Can anyone tell me how that works, surely deductions for the same offence should be the same.

Ian

Yes but goal difference counts. We could also be saying If we hadn`t dropped 3 points early in the season look where we`d be.

Incidently noticed on the Evostick website that 3 clubs have been deducted points in our division for "Ineligible Player" yet ourselves and Ossett were deducted 3 points But Durham only 1 point. Can anyone tell me how that works, surely deductions for the same offence should be the same.

Ian

I have already argued this case at a higher level and wasted my breath.

Apparently you only lose the points you secured when fielding an ineligible player.

So if we had lost we wouldn't have had any points deducted.

In my opinion if the offence is serious enough to warrant removing all three points (when you field a sub 10 minutes from time in a game you were already winning easily) you should have 3 pts deducted from your league record win lose or draw.

Durham actually fielded two ineligible players in their drawn game - but only lost one point.

The whole system is a farce.