Royal Mail Farce!!!

Gary

At work we received no mail from December 23rd to January 4th - when it eventually turned up at 3pm!

This included items posted 1st class on December 16th

:shock:

Members of staff are today still receiving Christmas cards posted BEFORE Christmas!

I have complained to Royal Mail for the past couple of years and got nowhere with them - and they want people to support them against allowing privitisation! :roll:

Any one else had problems in Warrington?

We had the same at our place Gary.....the last delivery we had was well before Christmas and we got our first one on the 5th January.... there was so much I could hardly open the door!!

We also had Christmas cards posted 1st class on the 16th December in Warrington.

Any private business wouldn't let its business customers down like that

From a business point of view, I?ve always had nothing but praise for the Royal Mail but that?s all changed in recent months. We found that quite a lot (but not all) of our mail was taking nearly two weeks to get delivered and it was the same for incoming mail.

I spoke with our local postie and he said that the problems all started when they moved the main north west sorting office from Crew to Warrington. He also said that the place is full of temporary workers and scousers who seem to spend more time arguing about working conditions than working with the result that post was backing up all over the place.

Bill :)

We got a parcel through the post yesterday containing 2 xmas presents for my daughters from their Auntie in Cambridge. It was posted on the 15th of December. Our postie even apologised which is something you don't expect. Shoddy service around Christmas is becoming a part of the Yuletide tradition it seems.

Conversely, my wife ordered an item fro Amazon during Christmas week and it arrived next day so it shows what is possible.

Not really noticed any problem (residentially) and our postie comes every day without fail. That being said though we have not had any deliveries of parcels as we haven't ordered or been sent any.

BILL... re your comment about the temporary workers... I believe quite a few were arrested in the Warrington branch the other week for stealing post and parcels :shock: They were from Manchester allegidely.

If you didn't know a parcel or letter was on it's way to you... how would you know if it had been stolen en route :shock::?

Well how ironic... after me saying I hadn't had any problems I have just had a phone call asking why I missed an important appointment yesterday :?

The letter (a single sheet of paper) was sent out to me on 10 Dec and I haven't received it.

The three other people who should have attended didn't turn up either as they didn't receive their letters ALL POSTED ON THE SAME DAY :shock:

I wonder what else might be 'missing' that we are totally unaware of :?

Well how ironic... after me saying I hadn't had any problems I have just had a phone call asking why I missed an important appointment yesterday :?

I have sympathy with you Dizzy, some appointments these days are sometimes backed up by an email where possible, but true, what else don't you know that you are missing, may be a big cheque from a Football Pools company etc?

SD... do you think I'd get away with saying that a large cheque addressed to me has gone missing but unfortunatly I don't know who may have sent it to me or when :D:D:D

It's just occurred to me that I received an ebay parcel before xmas which had been resealed and placed in other packaging by the post office and had a sticker on it saying 'we are sorry... please can you let us know if anything is missing'... wonder if that was anything to do with the thefts as it was a sturdy and well packaged item so doubtful that it had just come open on it's own :shock:

Nothing was missing though as it only contained a couple of 'joke' cheap items PHEW

Oddly, some of our mail was getting delivered the next day while some others were taking anything up to eighteen days. This had nothing to do with Christmas or the bad weather because it?s been going on for a good few months now.

Thinking about it though, most of the mail in the past was probably moved by train so Crew being on a major rail junction would have been a logical place to put a main sorting centre. These days though, with most mail seemingly being moved by road, Warrington?s far more accessible than Crew.

Bill :)

I've just asked a postman if there was any problems at all with mail deliveries. :wink:

YEP there are big problems at the moment. Anything posted 2nd class is definately taking ages as are many others. Even 'tracked' parcels are just showing up as 'being in the system STILL'

They expected the usual problems in the run up to xmas but thought it would settle down again after the xmas rush.

It hasn't..... and one of the problems which is making it even worse is people ordering over the internet and sending items back and/or wanting replacements etc etc etc.

There are items from before xmas still stuck in the system as well as newer items also being 'stuck'.

There seems to be no logic as to what's getting through the sotring offices or or not as he says some of the deliveries he has in his bag for today were only posted out yesterday.

He said it's Bonkers and he's waiting for his parcels from before xmas too but he did get a christmas card yesterday that was posted on the 14th Dec :shock::lol: