Sod the salary :)

Dizzy

Nayway... getting back to the original discussion :lol:

I reckon Mr Cameron?s right in a way.

If you can do something that you actually like doing then find someone to pay you for doing it that?s better than good it?s bloody brilliant.

Bit like the artist who?d paint the picture anyway but ends up getting money for it or my job where I can sit here posting while getting paid for it. :shock:

Bill :)

Bill Mr Cameron is not right as he says 'Happiness is having a job, and the salary doesn't matter '

He does not say 'Happiness is having a job THAT YOU LIKE, and the salary doesn't matter'

Sadly though as much as most of us would like to agree with the second statement (if he had said it) life does not work that way.

You can be as 'happy' as you like in your job but if you can't afford to pay your bills etc because it doesn't pay enough then you actually wont be 'happy' at all... you will just enjoy doing your job but wish... 'whatever'.

On the other end of the scale though there are people who find themselves stuck doing a job they have actually find themselves starting to HATE ... they carry on working hard but simply because it pays well. If it didn't pay well they would just do something else and take a chance in life.

So the money comes in every week but the person is far from 'happy'.. infact the person's life is often marred by the fact that they can see no way out or other alternative but to carry on doing what they do... and then of their un'happiness' has a knock on effect on others too... and so the circle rotates :?

Me.... well having read all the posts on here I think might just take a big 'chance' and branch out into the slightly unknown world a little more myself...oooh and also tell my o/h to quit his job and he can stay at home.... what's the worst than can happen eh :D

Lifes too short :D

Happiness is having a job that you enjoy, has some point and purpose to it, and brings in a salary that can accomodate the modest needs (not wants) of the majority of folk - which are: three meals a day, a roof over your head, affordable energy and transport, free health care and education, and at least 2 weeks hols in the sun. :wink:

No Obs.. the dog needs food... the other half needs the odd beer to get over his 'awful' days at work and the teenager definately needs his Wolves tickets or there is no point in going on :wink:

Me.. I just need my music, my pc and access the internet :D Simples

... ooh and the wine from time to time... determination (which is free) and a new customer base maybe :wink::lol:

You cruel cruel man Obs... our dog was abandoned when she was tiny tiny little pup by someone who decided they didn't 'need' her... you've upset me now :cry:

She does do 'jobs' though and is great for alerting us if someone is prowling and also catching creepy spiders :wink: Worth two bowls of food a day in my opinion :D

As for the lad... he's played and it thinking of starting up again but now they are all so big mummy's worried about cabbage ears, broken necks and squashed noses :oops::lol:

So what about these consultants at the hospitals who make 100k a year on overtime payments?

They?re charging ?1000 for four hours overtime and I say that?s just ripping off the public. What really got to me was when asked if they?d do it for less they said no! :evil:

Clearly they must really hate their jobs and cry all the way to the bank.

Bill :)