FAO Local Fly Tipper

Dizzy

Given that an overseer? goes round before the bin wagons to make sure that the lids are closed and that nothing is in the bins that shouldn't be, WHY can't that person report to the council of any stuff that is dumped and thus save hours of time wasting that costs?

I know it is difficult for the council to do joined-up thinking, but if they came on here, I am sure we could advise them.

This is another fine mess that this lot have created.

They asked for voluntary redundancies to cut costs, the best and most experienced people have left, bodies have been shuffles around to fill posts without ANY qualifications or experience to do the job.

Whereas at one time you could get answers and even action promptly, you now have to wait for the system to kick in. It's a good job they don't run A & E. The crem wouldn't be able to cope.

Given that an overseer? goes round before the bin wagons to make sure that the lids are closed and that nothing is in the bins that shouldn't be, WHY can't that person report to the council of any stuff that is dumped and thus save hours of time wasting that costs?

They don't really have an overseer prior to the bin wagons going round do they :?

I did wonder about maybe the bin men having reported the tipping as they would have driven past it all when doing their rounds yesterday. Maybe they did report it.

At one time they would have been alowed to just pick it up and remove it themselves but with all the H&S rules and regulations now in force from 'up above' they are not allowed to and if they did (like I would do) they would probably lose their jobs for non-compliance to the rules :?:roll:

I know it is difficult for the council to do joined-up thinking, but if they came on here, I am sure we could advise them.

They wont do that although I'm sure they probably read what's on here.

In all fairness though they probably wouldn't listen to what people say and would just fight their own corner and beliefs and they'd probably get a right slating which they couldn't cope with if/when people disagreed... which of course they probably would.

I cant see any sensible or productive form of debate ever happening between the council and the public .

This is another fine mess that this lot have created.

They asked for voluntary redundancies to cut costs, the best and most experienced people have left, bodies have been shuffles around to fill posts without ANY qualifications or experience to do the job.

Sadly it would appear so.. but that happens in all businesses...the best and those who are most productive, willing and able often leave and go onto other jobs because they can, they have the skills required elsewhere, and of course are needed/wanted.

Whereas at one time you could get answers and even action promptly, you now have to wait for the system to kick in. It's a good job they don't run A & E. The crem wouldn't be able to cope.

Don't joke about that Peter... aren't the local council supposed to be taking over part of the local health service :shock:

Anyway... I guess you haven't got a trailer then and I'm fed up of talking rubbish now :lol:

Credit where credit's due... all the cushions have been now removed. :D

Not sure exactly when but they were no longer there at 3.30pm today.

Seems the turn around time and 'procedures' are not as bad as I was told and as detailed in per my post yesterday :wink:

Very quick response time by WBC (removed within 2 days of being dumped) and I'm rather impressed.... and I'm sure others are pleased too.

THANK YOU and a job well done :D

:lol::lol: Bet they smell lovely and have really freshened your house up eh :P

So you didn't fancy taking the roll of carpet, the broken storage boxes, the garden chair and the packets of ham too then Victor.. :lol:

They are still there if you didn't spot them or have changed your mind :wink: