Cheshire Police?

observer

I agree too, very good post.

But I do think that where there is a local police station it should be possible for members of the public to ring it or call in to report crimes etc. Sadly you just can't do that anymore even when it is open and manned :?

Are you referring to St. Heath?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yes Peter as it's the local one to me... :roll:

Unless you want me to try out another local station (say in Wales or somewhere) next time I have something nicked, vandalised or a grot peers over my gate in the dark of night and frightens the living daylights out of me :roll:

I think attitudes towards the Police have changed over the past few decades. Whereas in the past, the Police were seen as someone to respect they are now seen as a way of the state screwing money out of motorists and the like.

It is seen as a politically correct organisation of jumped up small men and even smaller women who have to resort to their own violence to maintain order and to try and force respect and cooperation.

I think the attitudes of a lot of coppers today is very poor towards the public in general and most cannot even seem to interact with the public without appearing to be on the offensive.

My last encounter with Cheshire Police resulted in them wronly impounding one of my vans for 3 days because the jumped up traffic copper wouldn't admit he had made a mistake. I gave him the benefit of the doubt by not putting a complaint in about his conduct.... pity really, looking back now I should have done because he caused inconvenience and cost to my company because he didn't know his job

Dizzy.

Quote from the station.

you have to ring the call handling from the station as all incident numbers are logged and given out in order also calls are monitored and prioritised by the supervision.

Anything else during open times is dealt with by Stella who is very helpful.

The system is in place to help and protect people rather than them pass info to the helpdesk only for them to have to say it all over again second hand.

You probably know all this anyway. At least I now know.

I think it all goes back to Maggies day when the numbers were reduced and stations closed or manned during the day.

All about numbers and getting the bobbies out on the beat. I just hope that this lot in London don't make things worse.

I think they spend more time out and about now, but do the job with less covering bigger areas.

I guess its the world we live in, not that I like the 999 system anyway. Call centres are crap and everything to with phones has been designed to put people off ringing up with the multiple options that keep telling you how important your call is.

I suppose I am being a bit unfair ... but when you ring to report for example a load of youths on a car park (and you don't know the post code) who are throwing bottles and scaring an old lady it would be helpfull if the person taking the initial call was local and had an idea where you meant :?

I did have to ring 999 during the last year though and they were absolutely brilliant... the call centre operator was fantastic and the police and other services were here in no time and again were all wonderful... :D:D as was I of course in my own little way :lol:

One major problem with the Police, is that they have a schizophrenic task - IE: On the one hand they have to suck up to public approval and police with consent, they also depend on the public for a good deal of intelligence. On the other hand, we expect them to police demos and riots, and keep the streets usuable for the rest of us. Not an easy task in one organisation, hence my belief that we need to tailor police forces to task by having multi-tier forces similar to the US model. :?

I think attitudes towards the Police have changed over the past few decades. Whereas in the past, the Police were seen as someone to respect they are now seen as a way of the state screwing money out of motorists and the like.

It is seen as a politically correct organisation of jumped up small men and even smaller women who have to resort to their own violence to maintain order and to try and force respect and cooperation.

I think the attitudes of a lot of coppers today is very poor towards the public in general and most cannot even seem to interact with the public without appearing to be on the offensive.

My last encounter with Cheshire Police resulted in them wronly impounding one of my vans for 3 days because the jumped up traffic copper wouldn't admit he had made a mistake. I gave him the benefit of the doubt by not putting a complaint in about his conduct.... pity really, looking back now I should have done because he caused inconvenience and cost to my company because he didn't know his job

What you mean is that your attitude to the Police has change, or if it hasn't changed you are obviously anti-police. Have you never thought that part of the problem might be your attitude towards the Police? Have a read of your own E Mail then think about it. The traffic officer who impounded your vehicle will have done so for what was a good reason at the time (No Insurance, no vehicle excise licence, no MOT, suspect stolen vehicle, or vehicle not fit to be on the road). He can't take your vehicle just because he wants to.

I think you are both correct.(Baz and Teeside)

As Baz says there is very little respect for the Police. Unfortunately there is very little respect for anything or anyone these days. Teachers , Parents, Police, Paramedics, Firemen etc etc. I despair what this country has become.

As Teeside says, yes Baz is anti Police. :wink:

Teeside,

The coppers who stopped my van did so originally because it had flagged up as having no insurance..... fair point, however when they checked again at the roadside, it was not the case and all was well. Unfortunately, the officer had already instructed the recovery company to come and get the van and would not admit he was wrong and so had another wander around the van until he found something else to pick on. Even the driver of the recovery truck who came to collect the van said that the copper who was doing this was well known at their place for being an arrogant pig with little or no sense!

Despite our protestations that the VIN sticker was not a legal requirement and that the VIN plate in the cab was original and intact he continued on his flawed course.

As for being anti-Police; I may come across as being anti Police, but I do have some respect for the Police who do a difficult job. Unfortunately the ranks are now swollen with people who wouldn't have stood a chance of getting in 20 years ago and as a result I don't see them as I did.

Teeside, if the copper who impounded the van was blameless why was the van returned . Baz was anything at all whatsoever proven to be amiss with the van? or was it just given back with an apology?

Baz may or may not be antipolice Teeside but your insistance that the copper cannot have been wrong, despite you not knowing the facts, is indicative of the close ranks attitude which has turned so many people against the police over the years.

Teeside, if the copper who impounded the van was blameless why was the van returned . Baz was anything at all whatsoever proven to be amiss with the van? or was it just given back with an apology?

Baz may or may not be antipolice Teeside but your insistance that the copper cannot have been wrong, despite you not knowing the facts, is indicative of the close ranks attitude which has turned so many people against the police over the years.

I didn't say the officer couldn't be wrong. What I said was that there were various reasons why he/she could impound the vehicle. If things are as Baz said, then he should have made a formal complaint, he would have been quite justified in doing so.

Teeside.... if you go to your profile page and scroll down to the section where it says 'preferences' and tick the box that says 'Always Allow BBCode'.... when you then quote someone it will display correctly.

I have manually done it for the last one :wink: Dizzy

Teeside, I didn't make a formal complaint because it would have only added to the amount of time the episode had cost my company already. However, I can assure you that things WERE exactly as I have written and the policeman was exactly as I have portrayed him....

That coppers boss wouldn't be too pleased about that. If he did it on a regular basis I would be surprised if he is still a copper.

As far as I know, he is still a copper and is still on traffic. I pulled up next to him at MacDonalds in Widnes just before Christmas..... I was dying for him to pull my car!!! :lol:

Teeside.... if you go to your profile page and scroll down to the section where it says 'preferences' and tick the box that says 'Always Allow BBCode'.... when you then quote someone it will display correctly.

I have manually done it for the last one :wink: Dizzy

Is that any better? By the way, it's 'Teesside,' not Teeside.