Looking back.....

Dizzy

Nearly the end of yet another year and the time where many of us reminisce on times past and indeed things we once did, could do or should have done.

So what's your thoughts?

Having just sat here for a while whilst my son played his guitar in the next room I started to think... that was once me... I used to be able to do that... just as good or maybe better, who knows as he sounds amazing.... so why can't I do it now... how did I lose such a skill and why?

Answer to that one is easy really as I simply stopped playing through having no time... and I seem to have lost it :cry:

Same goes for my keyboard (musical type and top of the range in it's time 12 years ago).. packed away in it's padded carry case now gathering dust and and the only way my fingers breeze over it's keys now is if my son plays it and then I wipe it down to pack it away again when the novelty wears off. Other than that it's all lost.. I can't do it like I used to :cry:

Then I started to think about other sillier things I used to do like having the most powerful 'round house kick' imaginagle for a girlie and how I could remove a plant pot of the top of a grown mans head or up-stretched arm with ease...not that you needed power for that of course... just a very high and precise kick.

Sort of a family party trick... watch what 'Dizzy' can do (although they didn't call me 'Dizzy' of course :lol: )

Blummin heck I can't even touch my toes now without feeling the resistance :cry:

I think I'll stop thinking now as it's starting to depress me even though they are just silly little things and I'm sure there are more important things that I did, could have or should have done.

Like Harry would say 'Happy Days' though :D

You've answered yourself really. Time and elasticity.

A single thing can change your life for ever. I could run for miles until one day in 1976, setting off for a night shift, some drunk on a motorbike smashed my leg. I have never been able to run or play any type of sport since. But I can touch my toes. :wink:

Nearly the end of yet another year and the time where many of us reminisce on times past and indeed things we once did, could do or should have done.

So what's your thoughts?

Having just sat here for a while whilst my son played his guitar in the next room I started to think... that was once me... I used to be able to do that... just as good or maybe better, who knows as he sounds amazing.... so why can't I do it now... how did I lose such a skill and why?

Answer to that one is easy really as I simply stopped playing through having no time... and I seem to have lost it :cry:

Same goes for my keyboard (musical type and top of the range in it's time 12 years ago).. packed away in it's padded carry case now gathering dust and and the only way my fingers breeze over it's keys now is if my son plays it and then I wipe it down to pack it away again when the novelty wears off. Other than that it's all lost.. I can't do it like I used to :cry:

Then I started to think about other sillier things I used to do like having the most powerful 'round house kick' imaginagle for a girlie and how I could remove a plant pot of the top of a grown mans head or up-stretched arm with ease...not that you needed power for that of course... just a very high and precise kick.

Sort of a family party trick... watch what 'Dizzy' can do (although they didn't call me 'Dizzy' of course :lol: )

Blummin heck I can't even touch my toes now without feeling the resistance :cry:

I think I'll stop thinking now as it's starting to depress me even though they are just silly little things and I'm sure there are more important things that I did, could have or should have done.

Like Harry would say 'Happy Days' though :D

It's what's more commonly known as 'gettin old' !!! :lol:

But I'm not old yet :shock: .... am I :shock::lol: I'm only in my 40's for goodness sake (not saying which end though) :wink::lol:

Right where's my Tanglewood or my Raptor... New years resolution is to prove that I'm still young and that I still 'have it' in me somewhere :lol:

As for touching my toes or being bendy .. who needs that eh cos I've got a litter picker stick :lol:

My Granny when she was 60 could not only touch her toes she could place both of the palms of her hands on the floor while keeping her legs straight and not cheating, on reflexion she had short legs and long arms, Wingy, Sid & Harry will appreciate this, she had 'mangle' arms and if you were cheeking her and she lashed out and caught you one, boy you knew about it.

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE & MAY IT BE A HAPPY & A HEALTHY ONE.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE x x :D

Now would someone like to explain to me and my family why on earth I have just logged on here at 2.54am in the morning HIC HIC :lol::lol:

I still can't touch my blummin toes but my 'rockin' is definately getting better :lol::wink:

Night all... or should I say morning :D

harry i know exactly what you mean. i think that is where they got the idea for the series "stars in your eyes" as one wallop from a woman with mangle arms and you could certainly see stars even on the brightest sunny day.

they could also teach some of those kung fu masters a thing or two as well. the things they could do with flick of a damp tea towel would make even the most studied master give up and take up knitting instead. they might be able to catch a fly with chopsticks. but a damp tea towel could take the wax out of your ears at twenty feet even with their backs to you.

was also good for drying dishes,shooing flies and keeping Christmas pudding together whilst they were cooked.

oh well Happy New Year all and here is to another year of interesting and amusing posts