Sir Eltons a 'daddy'

Dizzy

Congratualtions ?? to Sir Elton John on becoming a father on Christmas day.

Ok so he's 64, gay and married to another man... but he is rich and a good singer and fantastic on the piano :wink:

Wonder how much the surrogate mother got paid as I don't think I could have brought a baby into the world and then handed it over to the two gents :oops:

Call me old fashioned (go on then!) and this has nothing to do with anyones sexual preferences, I am totally against single gender parenting either male/male or female/female bringing up children from birth, I appreciate there are circumstances where the situation is almost unavoidable such as where death, divorce or desertion has occured. All children from birth need the guidance of a mother and father to give them the correct balance in their upbringing, this child will not have that opportunity. We males often post on here stating our light hearted views regarding the good ladies in our lives ie. wives and mothers but deep down most of us fella's woud be in a right mess without their care and sometimes pushed to the limit by us understanding, baby EJ will not have that opportunity certainly from his mother. Que Sara Sera. :roll:

The couple did try to adopt a 14 month old little boy last year from the Ukraine who sadly has hiv. But Ukrainian officials said EJ was too old and his civil partnership with his other half was not recognised as a marriage by Kiev... so they were turned down.

I agree with a lot of what Algy says... and although I have nothing against gay men/women at all, as it's their choice, I do believe that any child brought up by same sex 'parents' could face a lot of heartache, bullying and teasing as they go through their childhood years :cry:

Call me old fashioned (go on then!) and this has nothing to do with anyones sexual preferences, I am totally against single gender parenting either male/male or female/female bringing up children from birth, I appreciate there are circumstances where the situation is almost unavoidable such as where death, divorce or desertion has occured. All children from birth need the guidance of a mother and father to give them the correct balance in their upbringing, this child will not have that opportunity. We males often post on here stating our light hearted views regarding the good ladies in our lives ie. wives and mothers but deep down most of us fella's woud be in a right mess without their care and sometimes pushed to the limit by us understanding, baby EJ will not have that opportunity certainly from his mother. Que Sara Sera. :roll:

I don't think that is being old fashioned - just good old common sense which is totally lacking in many areas these days.

I have no doubt that this child being brought up and educated by Elton and his partner will have access to all kinds of experiences, good education and will probably want for nothing, except probably a loving mother.

But lots of children are brought up without mothers or fathers and seem to have normal lives , obviously there are the exceptions, even children with parents can turn out to be unpleasant and commit ghastly acts, however where would people stop from preventing other people, single or otherwise from having children, how about drug users, people with pit-bull terriers, under 16's, murderers etc, etc.

It is a an absolute disgrace, the child is just the latest celeb accessory. The old queers who irrespective of who is doing what to whom realise neither of them have got pregnant so have organised the the birth of a son who despite living in luxury will be the target of ridicule for most of his life.

The most basic requirement for the development of a child is a mother and a bloke in a frock is no substitute.

It is a an absolute disgrace, the child is just the latest celeb accessory. The old queers who irrespective of who is doing what to whom realise neither of them have got pregnant so have organised the the birth of a son who despite living in luxury will be the target of ridicule for most of his life.

The most basic requirement for the development of a child is a mother and a bloke in a frock is no substitute.

Agreed.

I often wonder when cases like this crop up, do they question whether they made the right decision in the first place. Child = male/female. So if they truly feel the parental need, shouldn't they reject their life and do it the regular way.

Sue, two wrongs don't make a right. The barriers have been pushed back TOO far already. It's time to stop and reclaim some of the more sensible behavioural patterns.

Too late Peter. The precedent has now been made and the door flung open for others to get their youman rites, which is bound to follow.

Like every bit of liberalism of the last fifty years, what in itself has some slight merit, all adds up to what he have now, which for most is a state of almost despair.

Happy days

SD I think the point here is more to do with the fact that this child will have two 'daddies' who are in an intimate relationship with each.... and one of who is already in his mid sixties.

Can't really compare that to being brought up by just a mother. just a father, or both :?

Well they are in an intimate relationship Wolfie... and they clearly love each other very much which is 'lovely' :lol:

You seem to have a problem with that par of it ....

Answer this truthfully.... would you have the same reaction re the 'relationsip intimacy' if they were both female :wink::lol:

Yep. It's not the relationship that bothers me, but the demands to be treated like a conventional pair.

What folks do behind closed doors is up to them, but don't try to change the world to justify it. :roll:

I also think it is morally wrong that someone over 50 should be allowed to have a baby. An act of pure selfishness without a thought of the traumas the child will go through at school with bullying, that's if the parent is still alive. :roll:

Yep I agree :cry: Poor kid will want for nothing other than a bit of normality.

Saying that he will probably be looked after most of the time by a highly paid private 'nanny' and maybe will be sent to a school where young kids are 'told' politely not to comment on parentage status (is there usch a word) ?

... the other kids parents will probably be so excited to be invited to the lavish birthday parties hosted by the wealthy and famous 'daddies' that they will accept the situation and the invites gracefully... but then tittle tattle behind closed doors :?

Pre-teens and teen years of course will be a different matter as kids can be so cruel to each other at times but then money and sweetners may once again come into it.... stick within your own close circle little 'un an you will be ok... venture out into the bigger world and maybe face the stigma :cry:

Talking on a purely biological view point, We are here to reproduce the species, Occasionally other species beside are selves , throw up a gay couple, it has been noted in rabbits, as they cannot reproduce they have a happy gay life and die, and then in a few generations you get another gay rabbit. Nothing wrong with a gay couple, but should they be aloud to reproduce. :?:

Awww all sounds really nice and more acceptable when you say it about rabbits Lt K :D:wink:

I suppose in the rabbit world though they just accept (or don't realise) that nature will not allow them to reproduce and have little baby bunnies so they just live a happy life together without question or want for something that is not naturally available to them.

What happened to your spelling though... was your mind elsewhere :lol::lol::wink::P