The farce called 'Global Warming'

tonymailman2

Niether WBC or the Government can control, or even predict the weather, and have even less chance of influencing the climate. IF, we are to suffer extreme Winters every year, then the option will be to tax us a load of ?doe to provide the panoply of equipment and resources to deal with it, along the lines of Scandanavia. But even with state of the art kit, there's no guarantee that our dependency on transport will not be inconvenienced by the weather. SO, perhaps we need to begin to review that dependency? Interesting to hear that "out of Town Retailers" were saying that their Xmas takings are down - so, put your outlets back on the Highstreet, start sourcing your goods locally etc etc. :roll:

I've no doubt the government of the day will exploit whatever fears exist (about almost anything) to raise more taxes.

Have to ask though, does anyone here believe that we can all keep on doing what we are doing without it having any effect whatsoever on the ecology of the planet?

That's how it sometimes looks, y'know.

so maybe the answer to all of this cold weather is to ignore the climate change wallers and go back to burning anything that will increase the greenhouse effect and get the place warmer. :lol:

i mean wood is renewable energy. trees grow get chopped down and burnt and new trees grow to replace them. :roll:

breed more cattle. cattle produces methane which can be captured and used as a renewable source of energy, plus there will be more meat at a cheaper price :shock:

the problem with computer models is they are just that. put in the data and get an answer. put in the wrong data and get the wrong answer. so fiddle the data a bit to get the right answer.

with the records they have they should get a fair idea of what to expect. i suspect the trouble is political rather than input.

Unless we have hit a mini ice age, there is no point in spending millions on equipment.

These weather conditions are usually cyclic and last maybe 3-5 years.

We need to do what we do better, ie make salt/grit easily available for residents and make sure that workers are made available to do the pavements so that the more vulnerable can get to the shops.

It's NOT rocket science, it just needs thinking outside of the box.

And when conditions are that bad, we just have to accept it and do what we can.

Give us the salt and we will do the job for you.

Dread to think what would happen if we had the last war again with the people we have in charge in London and locally. :roll::roll::roll:

Peter - even if somebody had given WBC the exact weather that was expected they still wouldn't have done anything ..... they're a waste of skin and always will be.

True we cannot keep 'poisoning' the planet with totally unecessary gases and ridiculous amounts of pointless waste (packaging etc) but the main problem with this is educating the present and future generations that are quite simply are and will become even more 'bone idle'. Over population is - as has been said - another issue, but, until again this modernistic 'greed ridden society stops reproducing because it means more benefits then it will never stop. 'Bone idleness' again is probably the main thing.

Animals have been on the planet as long as man so the methane theory is absolute nonsense anyway. Gases from the internal combustion engine will never reduce because it again comes back to the 'bone idle' phrase, you will never get people to stop using their vehicles now no matter how expensive and how much of a rip off it becomes, again the 'bone idle' theory because the current society and subsequent generations that will follow will be used to this 'bone idleness'.

Money makes the world go round, and is also the root of ALL evil .... until you bang it into the heads of the greed ridden companies of today that we only 'reside on this planet for a short time' and that we do NOT own it then society will degrade into even more of a low than it currently is ........ short term gain may well be ok for these parasitical morons who think you can do whatever you want now and 'sod' the future, as I've always said modern man thinks he is clever and advanced ........ bulls**t !

There was a bloke on TV tonight, saying that the current extreme Winters are part of a 10 year cycle, and could last another 4 years. So, it seems we have a choice: shell out on a load of tackle to deal with snow and ice, then start moaning about the cost, if/when the weather improves OR just cabin up! :wink:

If it's cold, yer put more kit on; if it's hot, yer take it off - it's called adapting to one's enviroment however extreme.

That's the difference between the weather and the climate though: the weather dictates what kind of clothing you should wear, the climate dictates what kind of dwelling you should live in.

It's climate change that's the worry, "global warming" is a bit of a misnomer 'cos it confuses some people.

Winters like this are not new to people in my age group (& older) we had extreme winters & summers in the 40s' & 50s' & early 60s', I remember my grandma telling me that they held a fair & skated on the ice on the frozen Mersey in the late 19th century, there are too many so-called experts making loads of money out of global warning also the populace of this country are so gullable in believing everything that is portrayed on TV, if the so called expert spouting on the tele sat on a bar stool next to you in a pub talking the same drivel you would probably tell them they were talking a load of crap.

I listen to all forms of opinion, it doesn't mean I believe it - however, these "experts" on TV are usually the same "experts" that advise Governments. The issue for debate is: Are these type of extreme Winters a one off or now a permanent feature? The answer to which, will advise on the cost effectivness or otherwise of increasing investment in snow clearing equipment etc. :roll:

Apparently Frankfurt airport can get its runway completely cleared of normal snowfall within 30 minutes due to the legendary German efficiency. The latest excessive snowfall meant that the runway and airport was shut for 3 and a half hours while they cleared it.

Runway 2 at Heathrow opened yesterday after being closed since Saturday..... makes you wonder doesn't it??

At first it was 'Global Warming', then when that became embarrasing it became 'Climate Change' where all of the hot places would become cold and all of the cold places would become hot. Now that the UK is proving that wrong, they are saying that the 'change' is causing more moisture which is making 'their' claims only appear dumb. I wonder when they will surrender? Alas, too many people are making too much money off this hoax so there is a vested interest in keeping it going and the politicians want people to see them as 'world savers' !!!!!! Don't forget folks, these experts all come from the same pot as those who had the planes falling out of the sky at the turn of the century.