Upload your Snowy Scenes here :)

Dizzy

Lovely photo's of the thrush Algy... how far away from it were you when you took the picture and what setting did you have your camera on (still not read my instruction book :oops: )

You beat me too it re Wingys pressy though as I was just going to say a bait boat :wink:

Nice pics too Peter although I'd have liked to see an action shot of you coming down the frozen slides.

Must see what else I took and if any are worth uploading :oops:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appologies if it "seems" as though I took this thread off topic. The boat is a few years old, the "action man" really is the new present.

But what I want him for is for you to find out. :wink: It is related to photography/art work.

I don't fish for Rat Fish (carp). Good pictures of the Thrush Algy, We have one visiting at the moment. Not meant as a criticism only a request, but could you tone the colour of the sky down so it is not so blue? Just tryed my new camera for the first time. Up to now it has one what I wanted it to. Cheers, mate.

Thanks very much P.J. There will be many questions I need to ask you about photography. Some of these photo's and affects of on here, and other threads are brilliant, I wouldn't know where to start.

Please feel free to ask me anything Wingnut, I'm not guarranteeing I'll have the answer though. Effects are fine but we all have to start with a sound image or you're wasting your time to be honest. Try taking a roll of film using your OM 10 and scan the results and post them up (or pm me if preferred) It was a very good camera in its day and you should still be able to get some good stuff.

Try approaching your subject matter in the same unusual and quirky way you seem to approach life and I'll bet the results will be amazing.

Good luck mate.

For Wingy, sorry if I've veered off topic but could,nt resist uploading this bull's eye effect.

Great effect Algy, very surreal. I don't know quite why but it looks like it would be at home on the wall of a Chinese restaurant. Good work Algy.

As for veering of topic, so has the weather

WOW! That's amazing Algy.

I can see you and P.J. getting pestered to death. With me, I think it's just the basics that I need help with. I was just about scratching the surface with my SLR, and took some of what I thought were decent shots, but don't know how I got the results that I did. and then I went all digital. Now I'm completely lost.

I haven't used my SLR for years. The shot I took of the two manikins fighting was with my new Cannon, I had it set on automatic to do the work for me.

I'll have a look at that link P.J.

The only photographic guide I was able to understand was by Harry Seacombe, it was called "In Focus With Harry Seacombe" and it was in laymans terms.

A Rule Of Thirds.

Is that when taking a shot to try and only include a third of the sky, or a third of the foreground? And try to compose the main object in the picture off centre?

A Rule Of Thirds.

Is that when taking a shot to try and only include a third of the sky, or a third of the foreground? And try to compose the main object in the picture off centre?

Sort of mate, the linked site can explain it much better than I can.

I was thinking of enrolling on one of those night school courses for digital photography, have you ever been on one and are they any good?

I once enrolled on a computer course but it was really naff and I was bored stiff, finished up showing them how to do things which was a bit embarrasing for both sides :oops:

I'm sure that wouldn't happen with phototgraphy though as my clicking skills are very limited in that field :?

Just got a couple of books from the library too but I don't read things properly and skip pages... I'm more of a hands on learner :?

I've never tried a college course Dizzy so cant help there sorry. Reading and taking as many pics as you can but not just "spray and pray" is a good hands on way to improve.I try to imagine and plan what each shot will come out like. I'm regularly disappointed but sometimes delighted with how my shots come out.