Time to end this joke?

observer

IE. The Human Rights Act. An Iraqi assylum seeker ran over a young girl, killing her, and he fled the scene of the accident. At his trial, where the prosecution was seeking his deportation back to Iraq; his defence was, "that a return to Iraq (his own HOME Country), could impinge on his Human Rights". Errm, so does being born in Iraq, impinge on their Human Rights? On that basis, anyone and everyone can come to the good old UK and stay - what absolute nonesense. :twisted:

This is so wrong that it's an insult not only to the parents of the murdered child but to the whole of the British public. Having shown a total lack of respect for our laws, this piece of scum's now using the same failing legal system to protect himself.

I say that when the system fails this badly, someone should stand up and to hell with this I'm not going to play any part in complying with a law that would allow an injustice like this to take place. It's time that people stood up and said they're not prepared to accept laws that protect the perpetraor while ignoring the victim. :evil:

Bill :)

I agree with the comments made and I cant understand why these people are allowed to stay in this country. Let them try it elsewhere such as USA.

What our government should do is support our UK law enforcement agencies such as UK Border, so when they find someone in the UK thats either here illegally or have commited a crime etc, can get rid of them out of the country pronto without all the red tape that they have to go though.

I have no issues with people from other countries who are here legally

and comply with the laws of this country.

A point I've made ad nauseam on the Immigration Topic! I think this anomoly is evidence of the disconnect between the public and the political class - IF they were listening, we'd be out of the EU, out of the HR Convention - and deporting any illegal entrants or foreign criminals, BEFORE they can shout "human rights". :twisted:

I agree, it seems the Border agency left it far too long before 'trying' to deport him. It also appears that the children he is claiming to be a father to are not actually his, he has only acted as a father to them. In my opinion, that means he doesn't have the right to remain here and should be deported as an illegal immigrant and a criminal.

Believe "call me Dave" is "angry" about this; probably angry too, about the Judge who's just blown up the Gov's tempory cap on non-EU entrants to the UK order. Well Dave, angry just doesn't do it; get some solid legislation out there that sorts this HR nonesense out once and for all, something the pinko liberal Judges and HR lawyers can't drive any immigrants or criminals through. :twisted: