Wheres PJ and winter photos

Dizzy

Oooh sorry I forgot and I was with him all day today. What with all those camera's, shopping (and dad).... my mind went blank to everything else :oops: Will ask tomorrow when I ring him :wink:

Re your other pics and advice to Algy

As I said, with todays technology, we can do the same with photo's as we can with paintings.

You forgot to also mention pinching other people's pictures and then 'drawing' them.

wingystentpic.jpg

Better still then if it was only taken on an Iphone.

Your photo further illustrates the answer to Harry's question (are paintings and photogrphy similar)

Your photo is the same as what the naked eye would see useing the rubbish quality lens on your Iphone. So that is the image that I would paint

If the picture was taken useing a good quality lens, then you would see every nodule and piece of bark on the plant stem, from the distance that you took that shot from. And that is not what an artist is looking for. Unless he/she is a Botanist at Kew Gardens.

Hi Dizzy, wow my name in a thread title, does this mean I've made it :D:D

To be absolutely honest I havent taken many pics lately as Ive been really busy with other things. I intend to get a few snowy pictures during this recent bout of cold weather and post them up.

I saw and commented on Algys excellent photos but you may have missed it.

Good luck with your new camera, I can't wait to see some results.

ps good to see DivyG is still as bitter as ever :D:D:D