silent forum members

Dizzy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for some honest comment...the reason for the non-posters is this site has become cliquish...It seems around half a dozen people regard it as their private chat room and any new name or infrequent user is regarded as something of an interloper and is ignored.

who said that! :lol:

Time for some honest comment...the reason for the non-posters is this site has become cliquish...It seems around half a dozen people regard it as their private chat room and any new name or infrequent user is regarded as something of an interloper and is ignored.

Where has that idea come from? And who has been ignored? :shock::?

Sorry have to disagree - most posters who join and make a comment are made to feel welcome by most of us!

I don't think that new or infrequesnt posters are treated like that at all either Saferway. It's great when new people come on here and join in or start new chats.... like a breath of fresh air and great to hear other peoples views too... :D

However, I do agree with you about it possibly looking rather ?clicky? to anyone new looking in with the same people seeming to chat and discuss things all the time. :? Yep I'm guilty of that :oops:

Also the more heated moments or disgreements depending on views (which the more regular posters are used to and just take it on the chin) could possibly look rather daunting and off putting to new members or those just looking in as could the way that topics go completely off track all the time. Yep I'm guilty of that too :oops:

I guess a lot of us have got used to each others little 'ways' with words etc and we all know that it is nothing personal and is just how forums are but it takes time for others to realise that I guess.

Another thing is that new posters probably register because a particular topic has caught their eye. Maybe they disagree with what is being said so that?s why they join. But of course when something is in ?mid flow? they are sort of jumping in at the deep end so may feel a little out of it all or things may seem a bit one sided. Because of this they then maybe ?go? and don't get round to joining in with the more light hearted and general discussions on here which can be really interesting too. :D

Anyway? yet another long post by me has probably scared anyone off who was thinking about joining.... infact maybe I'm the one who's putting everyone off :shock::shock:

Would be great to get a lot more people posting on here though as Obs, Peter, Wolfie and Eagle are all boring me now :lol:

I'M KIDDING chaps honest :wink::D

Many posters will post on a topic or reply to a topic they are interested in.

I am not a prolific poster and was an "early joiner" to the forum. I read it every day bot dont post often.

There are quite a few on here who may post daily with what I terms as one word or liners, ie: yes or no which of course quickly brings the thread count up.

Can't say I noticed them :wink:

Many posters will post on a topic or reply to a topic they are interested in.

I am not a prolific poster and was an "early joiner" to the forum. I read it every day bot dont post often.

There are quite a few on here who may post daily with what I terms as one word or liners, ie: yes or no which of course quickly brings the thread count up.

If you read every day why don't you post more often, is there any particular reason? (If you don't mind me asking of course)

You're not my dad are you :shock:

He says he used to come on here and occasionally posted but now he tends to just read. I don't know what his username was/is cos he wont tell me :lol: ..... maybe he had a go at me once and doesn't want me to know it was him :lol::lol: