4 star rating.

Peter T

Congrats to the council. (Front Page News)

However, can someone explain to me who decides what boxes need ticking, and how their is no relationship (apparently) to the real world. eg the travellers on Cartridge Lane.

Perhaps the council employ an NVQ box ticker? :confused:

Having had a good look at the results. I was amazed at the similarity in many cases with other councils in this area, but when you consider that in most cases the questions were based on 2 options.

1 Have services deteriorated

2 Have services stayed the same or improved

Surely the second option should have been split.

So if everything stays the same it could be taken that they have also improved :confused:

One area that stood out was the question:-

The % of people within 20mins (by car, walking, cycling etc) of 3 different sports facilities

and Warrington only came out with a figure of 6.5% compared to

Knowsley 40%

Vale Royal 52.33%

Halton 35.62%

Why such a big difference :confused:

Originally posted by asperity:

Who said anything about "passing" 3 different sports facilities? I would have thought that most parts of Warrington are within a 20 minute car journey from at least 3 sports facilities. :P:P

So why as Keith asked did the report state that only 6.5% of Warrington people live within 20mins of at least 3 sports facilities :confused:

Just had a look at the audit commission report and the exact question was

% of the population that are within 20 minutes travel time (urban - walking; rural - driving) of a range of 3 different sports facility types, at least one of which has achieved a quality mark.
The answer was as Keith stated 6.5%, so I'm as confused as him now. Maybe there are'nt any with a quality mark. :confused: