Mobile Phone users at the wheel?

Student Geoff

Interesting piece about mobile phone users on the front page today.

During my pre-christmas traffic survey on Enfied Park Road I recorded two incidents - would I get a percentage or a finders fee if I had recorded their details down on my log?

Plus do I get a bonus fee for divulging a Borough Councillors mobile call?

When challenged he said that it was okay because he was on a car park!!!! - Maybe but is he telling me that he picked the call up as he drove through the entrance of the car park, which at that time of night was very busy.

Is there one rule for us and another for them?

Thanks Geoff for getting me fizzing (again).

I am sure we all see blatanat law breaking every day- drivers speeding excessively, mobile phones at the wheel, drivers cutting each other up to get to the next red traffic light that bit quicker. The list goes on....

We have become a nation of chancers- I can do what I like if I think I won't get caught.

Originally posted by Student Geoff:

During my pre-christmas traffic survey on Enfied Park Road I recorded two incidents - would I get a percentage or a finders fee if I had recorded their details down on my log?

Plus do I get a bonus fee for divulging a Borough Councillors mobile call?

I think it highly likely that you could end up with the bonus of a mobile phone shoved up your backside :roll:

Wolfie many thank for your informed comments as always. :loveyou:

I've no beef against this person in fact we usually get on well especially as we have to work together to achieve comon goals.

I believe that peole still don't realise the danger of driving whilst on a phone mobile or hand free AND especially us men.

Men can only focus on one thing at a time as for women well they can do multiple things and do them so well.

People have only just begun to use seatbelrs automatically and what a fuss that was to implement.

Without particularly looking out for it, I noticed 6 people driving while on the phone between Penketh and town this morning. They were mainly van drivers. On top of this were the people busy stuffing their faces with pies and sandwiches and washing it all down with canned drinks while driving with one hand on the wheel. Don't people sit at home or in a cafe/restaurant to eat and drink any more? I know people are busy these days but I'm sure they could stop for 5 or 10 minutes to eat/drink/make their phone calls. :roll::roll: