Share photo's with you all

algy

Dizz there is nothing wrong with your camera, manufacturers especially those such as Cannon don't turn bad cameras out, the photo of the swan is great, perhaps in making it black & white you took away some of the natural ambiance of the situation, it's not always the image that you record but sometimes the way you process it, take the blackbird in the firethorn the berries on the bush are getting old and the colour fading, so I added colour to give the image some interest to me that's not cheating just enhancing the image and making it more pleasurable to the eye, adding value if you like. If you had added ice blue to the area around the swan it would have given the impresion of a cold and projected the image of the swan, I'm sorry if I'm "teaching my grandmother to suck eggs", better to offer advice that may be ignored rather than to offer no advice at all!

My last digital camera was a cannon and a cracker, the wife uses it now, the only reason I got the Lumix is I wanted a more powerful zoom lens. Heres a shot I took on the Severn Valley Railway with the Cannon Sureshot, not much wrong with that!.

IMG_1673.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good advice and thanks Algy. :D:wink: I sometimes enhance my pics but I dilly dally sp much I can never make my mind up which looks better (why doesn't that suprise anyone eh :lol::oops: )

Can you change my swan photo please Algy and show me what you would do with it from your 'eyes' :D What software do you use ?

I'll give it a go in photoshop and see what you think :oops:

I used to have ACDSee Pro and it was really good....until my XP threw a wobbler and I had reinstall... causing all my loaded software to be wiped out :roll: It was very good though.

Got photoshop CS3 now and that's pretty nifty but with so many adjustments and effects I tend to forget what I've used. Like the swan pic I've no idea how I finally did it and how many tweaks I made in the end :oops::lol::lol:

I use Lightroom on all my images and CS5 on some too. For HDR I use Photomatix.

I find that Lightroom is just for photos Dizzy so less daunting than Photoshop which has every concievable bell and whistle. In LR you really just use sliders to make the image look how you want it to.

Good pics peter... second ones my favourite

Question.... why is the lad in the first photo wearing skimpy grey shorts and back tights :shock::lol::wink: (well I presume it's a lad as 'he' has no top on)

Sid is correct. I think he is on a builders course.

PS, That's the trouble with young'uns, no sense of dressing.

Given the skill (madness) of these lads, they can wear what they want. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
The problem with long zooming can be camera shake and blurry images. A tripod or mini tripod are a good idea Peter, you can get a cheap but lightweight Hama tripod from ASDA for around a tenner, and probably less for a mini.

I was looking at some when I bought the camera. Sadly the one I wanted was out of stock. Will have a look around later this week. I have one of the mini ones but I don't think I have used it as I am rarely taking pics where there is a wall etc. Thanks for the advice.

The problem with long zooming can be camera shake and blurry images. A tripod or mini tripod are a good idea Peter, you can get a cheap but lightweight Hama tripod from ASDA for around a tenner, and probably less for a mini.

I was looking at some when I bought the camera. Sadly the one I wanted was out of stock. Will have a look around later this week. I have one of the mini ones but I don't think I have used it as I am rarely taking pics where there is a wall etc. Thanks for the advice.

No problem Peter, good to see your getting out and snapping. If you do get a tripod set your camera on timer and you wont get any shake by pressing the release button.