Young Citizen Award

Gary

So let me get this straight....

you are looking for a selfless, young, helpful, brave or courageous individual to get an award which involves them going out and being sociable in order to recieve it and them having to leave the fags, white lightening and playstations at home?

Hmmmm tall order is that one Gary!

[ 13.12.2007, 09:15: Message edited by: BazJ ]

"Circles you mix in"

e.g the groups of young people you associate with.

I see plenty of hard working respectful young people all over Warrington.

Don't tell me as a father and a grandad you don't see good honest kids in our society anymore.

Surely you have not been blinkered by all the newspaper headlines you read!

Yes there are junkies, hoodies, drop outs scroungers (of all ages) but they are heavily outnumbered by law-abiding, honest people.

The youngsters my daughters mix with still call me Mr Skentelbery, are extremely polite and do not cause any trouble.

Nah Sorry Gary.

My kids are both in their thirties, the three grandchildren are all under three and I live in what TD used to call zimmer frame city so not a lot of input from me these days re the younger generation.

I sometimes wonder why you ask me these questions? because I think you know me well enough and have read enough of my ramblings (or maybe you haven't) to know that I'm not one of these people who say every teenagers a would be yob and that I make my own mind up about issues without newspapers.

Bill :)

[ 13.12.2007, 09:53: Message edited by: Bill ]

You need to get out of zimmer frame city more often.

Come along as my guest to watch Warrington Town on Saturday. Peter will be there.

The fresh air will do you good!

You will also get the chance to meet some respectful and decent young people.

:)

Don't tell me as a father and a grandad you don't see good honest kids in our society anymore.

Surely you have not been blinkered by all the newspaper headlines you read!

These don't look like answers do they? :D

[ 13.12.2007, 10:32: Message edited by: Bill ]

Gary,

This is just the opportunity we have been looking for.

I am fortunate to work with children from a wide variety of backgrounds who are fantastic. They are considerate, compassionate and care about the community. I look forward to submitting nominations!

The vast majority of kids today are good, unfotunately that doesn't sell papers!

Gary I spread the word at Brook Acre, in this morning?s Governors curriculum meeting. :D Actually it gave me an idea to run a competition at the school and I cycled up to the trophy shop at Latchford and order a cup for the winner so thamks for that. ;)I then carried on to Grappenhall Hall school to meet one of their insprational teachers and hear about the work that they are doing with regard to woodland crafts.

[ 13.12.2007, 16:30: Message edited by: Geoff Settle ]

you see... I post a bit of negativity and bingo!! everyone is talking about it now Gary...

Of course there are good kids in society, my 21 year old son and his gang of mates are fantastic young people. Unfortunately he lost a very good friend last year in truly tragic circumstances as well as losing his mum when he was only two. Despite that he is still quite a balanced individual who works 5 days a week and attends university in Liverpool 4 times a week too.... I am truly proud of him and his gang!!

I work a lot in schools all over the town (I have worked at Brook Acre and Grappenhall Hall too Geoff!!) and the kids are truly great, especially the primary school ones who are still wide eyed and awestruck by the world around them. If we could only find a way to keep that same thirst for knowledge and adventure going throughout their teens, there would be no trouble at all! My youngest son is only 6 and so I still get the father Christmas and Thomas Tank Engine stuff as well as playstation 3 and horror films from my eldest!! What a life!

Good on you for supporting this award and now lets try and get a few more entries from the forum eh??

Baz

[ 13.12.2007, 17:03: Message edited by: BazJ ]