Wikileaks?

observer

If his revelations cause the death of one operative from any of the "friendly" nations then he is a traitor and should be brought to book

How and why was he given this information, I thought the powers that be had a strangled hold on 'TOP SECRET' information, is there a reason why such leaks appear in the public domain or is it a matter of 'Words of Mass Distraction' meant to confuse and make remarks to bring issues to the forefront of governments and people of the world to justify something more sinister?....just a thought.

The leaks to-date amount to little more than Diplomatic tittle tattle; highly embarrassing, but not dangerous. What they do show, and why this guy will be hunted to extinction, is the real thoughts and motivations behind the smiling masks of diplomacy, and the realisation that world peace is an illusion and conflict a permanent state of mankind. :cry:

I think Sue has it in "Words of Mass Distraction" but I don't think its to bring things to the forefront but rather to distract the public from other matters.

There are a lot of conspiracy theories going about re the 9/11 explosions which embarrassingly for the Americans are being backed by top scientists, engineers etc who are calling for a full investigation. Details on 9/11 truth.com. (It makes for worrying reading!)

Perhaps the tittle tattle on Wikileaks is an attempt to give the impression that nations are more divided than some actually might be? and there's also the possibility that discord has been caused between some other nations...but 'unintentionally'?

Warmongering???

Don't you think the reactions of some of those slagged off was somewhat unusual?

Also don't you think it strange (if these were genuine 'leaks') that the Australian hasn't been captured and silenced by now?

The Yanks are scratching their heads to decide if this guy has actually committed a crime or not: some argue that by publishing confidential material he has breached the US criminal code; but so too, have many newspapers who have published the info from wikileaks - SO, bit of a legal minefield eh?! :wink:

Firstly, he can't commit treason if he isn't a citizen of that country.

Secondly, WikiLeaks didn't leak the document, they published it.

Thirdly, I thought we all believed in freedom of speech. Attempts to control the internet or shut down web sites puts us on a par with China. IMO

I find it a source of real amusement that the Wikileaks founder is now condemning The Guardian, the newspaper who published his leaks, and no doubt paid him a large sum for doing it, as they have now published leaked information re the alleged sex offences he is wanted for in Sweden. You can't have your cake and eat it, Mr Assange.

Who is this man anyway? Terrible delusions of adequacy if you ask me.

I'm with Obs, Wolfie, and Lt. Kije. Didn't know Assange was an Aussie, but knew that he was NOT a USA citizen so calling his exposes treason is nonsense. I like transparency, and it seems that almost ANY government document is labeled Top Secret for no good reason at all. Just to be on the safe side maybe.

Whoever thinks he's endangered a secret agent somewhere is delusional. Ever since George W and Dick Chaney OUTED Valerie Plame -- and been given a free pass by Obama -- anything goes.