EU petition

asperity

On Question time Clark, Ashdown and the Labour representative whoever she was, all said that the crisis in Ireland was nothing to do with the Euro, and although Clark said it was now unlikely that Britain would join the Euro, in his opinion they should have done years ago. They also agreed that we are better in Europe than out of it. :shock:

The Express is just trying to get more readers, in its narrow readership thats why its running the pole. I printed those facts about the Express so people could make their own mind up, have you a problem with it :?:

Of course they are trying to increase their sales, but the quality of the paper has got nothing to do with whether we want to be in the EUSSR or not. I don't buy or even read the Express myself and it's editorial opinion has, therefore, not influenced my opinion at all. Have YOU got a problem with that? Everyone knows that you are a slavish devotee of the EU project. :roll::roll:

Wolfie, I truly believe that the EU will collapse from within.

First it was Greece, we are now bailing out Ireland, next it will be Portugal, then Spain..... there isn't enough cash in the coffers of the EU to give them all 80 billion euros each!

The people of Germany and France already think they are propping up the rest of the non-contributors and if it carries on, they will demand a vote to get out. remember the Germans and the French aren't like us, they will force a vote if they get enough people behind it.

The French have already voted a big NON in one referendum before they were forced to change their minds.

I really would appreciate it if our resident EU lover Kije would just post on here why he thinks it is fair that Us, France and Germany have to bail out Greece, Ireland, Portugal, Spain (and possibly Belgium I heard too) when we are cutting and saving to rescue our own economies? It is the politics of the barmy

According to the economists: the traditional way of overcoming these debt crisis is to devalue your currency, which decreases the cost of your exports,. but cos they are locked into the Euro they can't (remember Black Wednesday and our little experiment with the ERM?). The cost of borrowing being imposed by the international speculators on Ireland is over 9%, that's why we're borrowing ?7billion to lend to them at a lesser rate. This all suits Germany, who has THE main manufacturing Nation in the EU exports it's goods to everyone else, but imports less from them, thus it's in the German interest to maintain this dependency, even at the cost of bailing these failing economies out. The pressure is such, that it may be possible that the failing Countries will abandon the Euro, which would be, hopefully, the crack in the dyke for the EU. :shock: