James Lowes Joins Leeds Rhinos !!!! ooh ..

indy

England assistant coach James Lowes has joined the coaching staff at Leeds Rhinos after leaving Super League rivals Warrington Wolves on Friday.

The 41-year-old, who spent the last four seasons at the Halliwell Jones Stadium, appeared in the 1994 and 1995 Challenge Cup finals for Leeds.

He said: "I am very excited about the future at Leeds.

"I have some fond memories of my time here as a player and I know they are a club with a bright future."

Lowes, who left Leeds in 1996 to join Bradford, began his coaching career under Brian Noble at Odsal in 2004 before moving to Salford the following season.

He joined Warrington as assistant coach to Paul Cullen in 2007 and took charge himself in a caretaker capacity from June 2008 to March 2009 before working under Tony Smith for the past two seasons.

But his departure from Wolves was announced on Friday, citing Lowes' desire to pursue other ventures.

"In recent years, Leeds Rhinos have led the way and we have an important job now to keep developing the club and maintaining those high standards," he said.

On the club web-site he left to *pursue other ventures*...Why the coyness when there was no mystery as to where he was going ? It isn't MI6 after all.

Probably following procedure. If you make statements before the official ones, you could lose your source of inside information. :wink: