Runcorn Town v Warrington Town - MATCH IS ON

Wiretown.Editor

From RTFC website

Runcorn Town will embark upon their first ever Cheshire Senior Cup adventure this evening, with the game against Warrington Town getting the go ahead after heavy rain on Monday threatened a postponement.

An inspection was carried out at 1.30pm with the pitch holding up remarkably well after the bad weather. A later inspection with a referee scheduled for 3.00pm was cancelled, with the game no longer in doubt.

Town will be looking to add to an impressive season in cup football with three higher division scalps already taken in the FA Vase and Vodkat League Cup.

Warrington though will be a tougher test on paper, and will be the first time that we have played a team from the Evo-Stik League in a competitive fixture.

Kick off is at 7.45pm and admission prices for the game are ?5.00 Adults and ?2.00 Concessions. This is higher than our usual admission price for league games, but our hands are tied on the matter as this is the minimum price set by Cheshire FA for all games in the competition.

NO EXCUSES FOR A NON PERFORMANCE TONIGHT - LAST CHANCE OF CUP SUCCESS. WE SIMPLY MUST BE UP FOR THIS ONE - IT IS OWED TO THE SUPPORTERS, OFFICIAL'S AND EVERYONE ELSE CONNECTED TO WARRINGTON TOWN

We were by far the better of two poor sides on the night, and if either side deserved to win, it was us. Losing Evo so early didn't help us, but I thought Connor worked his youknowwhats off up front when he replaced him

How appropriate for Tom Hardwick to get the matchwinning penalty, thought him and Tommo alongside him were head and shoulders the best players on the pitch.

Once again, great away support from The Town Army, which was acknowledged by the players at the end of the game.

Onto the Plastic Fantastic of Woodley on Saturday, my car full will see you all there, and yes that includes you Insider :lol:

We were by far the better of two poor sides on the night, and if either side deserved to win, it was us. Losing Evo so early didn't help us, but I thought Connor worked his youknowwhats off up front when he replaced him

How appropriate for Tom Hardwick to get the matchwinning penalty, thought him and Tommo alongside him were head and shoulders the best players on the pitch.

Once again, great away support from The Town Army, which was acknowledged by the players at the end of the game.

Onto the Plastic Fantastic of Woodley on Saturday, my car full will see you all there, and yes that includes you Insider :lol:

Stop making excuses! :oops:

I am saving myself for the visit of Chorley on Tuesday night :twisted: