Autumn in Sankey Valley

P J

Some absolutely amazing photos on your flickr pages PJ :D

Loved the yacht in the storm photos and the little girl looking through the bracelet... in fact loved them all.

Trully Brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

You could make a fortune. There's a place local to Sankey that will put photo images on substrate and they look amazing especially if you have a decent photo (quite cheap too) :wink:

I can jsut imagine having some of yours hanging on my wall... so I'd buy one off you :wink::D

Some absolutely amazing photos on your flickr pages PJ :D

Loved the yacht in the storm photos and the little girl looking through the bracelet... in fact loved them all.

Trully Brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

You could make a fortune. There's a place local to Sankey that will put photo images on substrate and they look amazing especially if you have a decent photo (quite cheap too) :wink:

I can jsut imagine having some of yours hanging on my wall... so I'd buy one off you :wink::D

choose one and its yours for free Dizzy. I'd be interested for more info on the substrate place though

Luv the "Grassy Sunrise" on the Warrington set. It's almost abstract.

you and I both know how beautiful a place the "Bewsey Meadows" can be of a morning Wingnut. I just try to make my photos resemble my memories of the scene.

What was the most memorable photo opertunity that you missed out on P.J for one reason or another?

I missed out on a Kestrel which swooped down on a rat not more that ten yds away from where I was stood.

The second missed operunity for me was while I was walking in the Peak district. I was passing through a farm yard, and the cattle were queing up to go in the milking shed. The last three cows had their backs to me, and the numbers stamped on their rumps were M1, M6, and M62. As usual at times like that, no camera. :wink:

choose one and its yours for free Dizzy. I'd be interested for more info on the substrate place though

Awww thanks PJ that's really kind of you... will take me ages to pick one though :oops::lol:

I'll send you a pm with the contact details for the printing place as I can't put it on here incase I get in trouble for 'advertising'.. saying that are there any moderators on line :lol::wink:

As well as putting on rigid substrates which this place does I know that photos can also be printed by solvent inkjet printers directly onto Art Canvas for tensioned fine art prints.....

Don't know if they do that there though but you could always buy your own roll of special canvas for them to do it on :wink:

There are various types available and as a rough guide a 5m x 1m roll of 100% cotton 425gsm grade refined weave canvas is appox ?30.

Printing cost would be on top of that of course unless you buy yourself an expensive pressy :wink:

Rigid substrate ones do look amazing though :D

Bet that post bored everyone else 'rigid' :lol::lol:

Pj you are a very talented photographer, you can have the best camera in the world but if you haven't got the vision to compose your picture you may as well have a lump of wood in your hands, and you certainly have the ability of composition, my favourite is Bala Lake Angler.

Well done PJ,

Dizzy, Many thanks for the info, I look forward to the PM and I'm dying to see which pic you pick.

Algy, many thanks but I think I am more enthusiastic than talented but I'm improving. Incidentally the Bala Lake (Llyn Tegid) angler is amongst my favourite shots too.

Eagle, Molly is one of my top 2 models.

Brilliant. Hard to choose, but I do like the one at the start of the thread. It has a lot of interesting content.

I didn't realise that Sankey Valley was so nice.

Thanks. Its a lovely and special place, especially to me as I spent a lot of my childhood playing there and I still walk there most weeks.

This is why its such a dreadful idea to let Urban Splash and Gullivers world build all over it. Makes me fume.

What was the most memorable photo opertunity that you missed out on P.J for one reason or another?

Ive missed many ,many shots Wingnut.

I was once sailing back from Belfast on a ferry and the Navt were rehearsing dropping a civvy doctor onto a ship. The Seaking was huge and so close you could see every detail, even the face of the Doctor being trained. No camera.

I was once sailing back from Belfast on a ferry and the Navt were rehearsing dropping a civvy doctor onto a ship. The Seaking was huge and so close you could see every detail, even the face of the Doctor being trained. No camera.

Didn't I get that shot on a disposable???

Didn't I get that shot on a disposable???

I remember you scarpering to buy one but didnt think you caught any of the action.

I also remember when you ran to the shop you got your coat caught in something and ripped it from top to bottom. Another missed photo opportunity.