Vive les Francais sanglante

P J

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel I am being insulting.... I just say it how I see it. You may think your EU corrupted ideals are right, I and many more don't.

The fact you don't seem to like or seem to be proud to be British is something I find distasteful and disrespectful to those who have fought and died for the country.

I know it is hard for you to take Kije, but Britain did fight the Germans somewhat singlehandedly until they (Germans) messed up and had a go at their biggest allie; Russia and brought them into the war against them having fought alongside them in Poland etc., but it was still almost a year after the weather primarily defeated the German attack on Russia before the Russians started to kick back.

Your view of History seems to be of a Glorious and victorious France battling against the German opressors and winning a great victory (oh and a couple of British and Americans were there too)

As someone has already pointed out; you live on the wrong side of the English Channel! (Or I imagine it is called La Manche in your house so as not to glorify the English!!)

Baz, A good post,

It might amaze you, I am proud to be British :wink: I think we just choose to show it in different ways, Me being pro European has no effect on me being proud to be British, I can be both. I am aware that Britain stood alone atleast in the West, for some years and it is some thing to be proud of, But when we stood alone we were loosing, we were loosing in Africa, where we reatreated back in Egypt, The only way we could get at the Germans was to bomb them, We relyied on the Americans for almost everything militarily, they gave us ships and tanks under lend lease, which we still paying them for up untill the mid 60's, which in my opiniun was wrong but I think that is another debate.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment Baz, to be "proud" of something, requires some reason to be proud. The generation that defended this Country in WW2, actually aspired to something better when they came home, and voted accordingly. However, all that aspiration has been destroyed by subsequent "invasions" and the antics of PC liberals. :cry:

We relyied on the Americans for almost everything militarily, they gave us ships and tanks under lend lease

Almost everything? so we didn't make Lancaster Bombers, Wellington Bombers, Manchester Bombers, Mosquios, Spitfires, Hurricanes and heaven knows what else./ We manufactured quite a lot of stuff here Kije, Planes were built in tunnels under the Longbridge car works in Birmingham, Mosquitos were made of wood and fabric and were built in houses and shops and everywhere that could put a few bits together.

Yes, we had stuff off America.... the ships were mainly to replace things sunk by the U Boats, but once we got hold of an Enigma the tide turned on that little foray....If only U531 had found the Enigma earlier :wink:

Finally the Lancaster and Wellington crews went on nightime bombing raids over Germany so please don't just assume they were all Americans!!

More Merlin engines were made in the America under license than were made in the UK Baz, not sure about Lancasters but Mosquito's were made in the States and Canada. The States would just so much better at mass production and they had more resorses and people.

As to Observers last post I find in complete crap, yes they did aspire to something better, but to say they didn't get it, is just crap he has no idea.

The generation that defended this Country in WW2, actually aspired to something better when they came home, and voted accordingly. However, all that aspiration has been destroyed by subsequent "invasions" and the antics of PC liberals

I take your last post to mean you were LIEING and you actually have no idea what the majority of veterans actually think, sometimes Obs you are truly PATHETIC