Vintage fairground ride

paulg

I'm looking for grounds to open my family vintage fairground ride next year.

The ride is a 1932 Speedway ride with wooden motorbike mounts and has been rebuilt and decorated to a 1950's Rock n Roll style complete with authentic traditional decor and lighting. I've tried to recapture that 1950's British family funfair feel.

If anybody has an event, fete, carnival or similar in the new year and would like the ride to attend please contact me. Due to set up times weekends are preferable.

Also anybody who would be willing to volunteer their services to help out would be welcome. Meals and travel would be provided and paid for.

Thankyou.

paulgrimshaw62@googlemail.com

tel. 07912865140

Video of the ride in action:

heskinhall2010022copy.jpg

080420091142.jpg

I agree, it looks fantastic. How long did it take to restore it?

Maybe Gary (Warrington Worldwide 'boss' :wink: ) could do a news article on here and in his magazines about it as I for one would love to hear more about it and see it too :D

Keep us all informed and I'm sure you wont be short of volunteers :wink:

Thanks for the replies! Gary kindly did an article on the project about 7 years ago when I started. The Warrington Guardian also did an article at about the same time and a follow up article at the beginning of this year.

The ride won't be open now until next season and the only date so far is a vintage rally in June 2012 at Heskin Hall near Charnock Richard.

Thanks.

:oops: Ooops didn't realise Gary did an article on it 7 years ago.

(I suspect another forum member called Peter may make a comment on here to get his own back on me in a short while :lol:)

Here's looking forward to June then eh although it seems a very long way off.

I'm looking for grounds to open my family vintage fairground ride next year.

The ride is a 1932 Speedway ride with wooden motorbike mounts and has been rebuilt and decorated to a 1950's Rock n Roll style complete with authentic traditional decor and lighting. I've tried to recapture that 1950's British family funfair feel.

If anybody has an event, fete, carnival or similar in the new year and would like the ride to attend please contact me. Due to set up times weekends are preferable.

Also anybody who would be willing to volunteer their services to help out would be welcome. Meals and travel would be provided and paid for.

Thankyou.

paulgrimshaw62@googlemail.com

tel. 07912865140

Video of the ride in action:

heskinhall2010022copy.jpg

080420091142.jpg

Now that would look good behind the goals at Warrington Town and attract a few new people into the ground.

Is that feasible Paul?

A family fun day (and night) sounds promising. The 30 bikes are named after singers and bands, 10 from the 1950's, 10 from the 1960's and 10 from the 1970's. ELVIS, JERRY LEE, SHADOWS, LULU, SPARKS and RUBETTES to name a few.

Check out the fixtures and pick a date

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/8476/1/Warrington-Town-FC-fixtures-and-results-2010-11/Page1.html

Baz could take one of his vintage cars as well.

What???? drag my classic feat of British engineering; the first car to do 100mph non-stop for 24 hours, The first British made car with inertia seat-belts as standard, across a muddy field? are you mad!!

Baz could take one of his vintage cars as well.

What???? drag my classic feat of British engineering; the first car to do 100mph non-stop for 24 hours, The first British made car with inertia seat-belts as standard, across a muddy field? are you mad!!

After about 10/11 years on this Forum, I must be.

Good point Dizzy re. round thingies. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That would be good.... your could use it as a 'target shoot' attraction.

People pay ?1 to kick 4 balls..... and if they get the ball through the door they win a signed photo of Peter and Gary :lol::lol:

..... If they lose they get two bigger photos :wink::lol: