Warrington General.

Peter T

Certainly not free. The staff now have to pay as well, and if they park "illegally" they will be fined ?30 reduced to ?15 if they pay within a certain time. If they don't pay then the "debt" will be given to debt collectors.......great way to treat your staff. I notice the hospital's Finance Director has "left".....and the Chief Executive has made her PA redundant.

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

Certainly not free. The staff now have to pay as well, and if they park "illegally" they will be fined ?30 reduced to ?15 if they pay within a certain time. If they don't pay then the "debt" will be given to debt collectors.......great way to treat your staff. I notice the hospital's Finance Director has "left".....and the Chief Executive has made her PA redundant.

Does that mean we can park in the staff areas?

Think it means that the Trust is trying to encourage staff to use public transport or charge them for the privilage of commuting by car, thus supplementing their revenue. :wink: The consequences `are already being felt, in a displacement of parking to areas outside the Hospital EG: Guardian St, despite it having double yellows for most of it's length - a job for super Parking Attendant methinks?! :wink:

Originally posted by Peter:

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

Does that mean we can park in the staff areas?
An interesting point Peter, you would need to look to see what signs are up in the staff parking areas, if it says "permit holders only" etc then no, if it doesn't then I suppose that with a ticket you could argue you could park there....mind you you might then take the person's place who you've come to be treated by. :wink:

Staff have been told not to park in the patient parking areas.

Hi folks, I have been visiting my dad a lot in Arrow Park hospital On the Wirral over the last few weeks, and there there is a pay and display carpark right outside the main doors,(?2 charge) and then to the side is the free carpark. I was very impressed at how easy it was to park. Have visited afternoons and evenings and it is soooo much easier than Warrington hospital for parking. Just seems to me that this is just one more thing that We can`t seen to get quite right in Warrington, compared to other towns. :)

The new parking bays on the road, are a mixture of staff and Pay and Display.

I had an appointment at 1pm last Saturday, and went through the Out patients section,

It has changed a lot since I last went.

All the old seats/chairs had gone and have been replaced by fancy soft seats that didn't look cheap.

(Foam backs and seats).

I thought these places had financial problems, that caused ward closures, yet money seems to be NO object. :confused:

I went there yesterday and it?s a right mess up. If you enter from the Guardian Street entrance, your forced to turn left, follow a line of cars all doing about 2mph as people desperate to park look for spaces. Finally and this is the bit I just can?t understand, just as you get in front of the main entrance, there doesn?t seem to be a facility to turn right thus you cant get to the main car park? I ended up having to go back out on the main road do a U turn in a side street then go back in via the Lovely Lane entrance just to get to the main car parking area which of course was completely full.

Someone tell me I made a mistake and could have got to the main car park from there! Otherwise this isn?t a one way system it?s only half a system if you cant even go all the way round without having to exit the site?

Bill :)

the whole road markings must have been designed by the westbrook traffic lights people as if you come in the main entrance, and turn right past A+E towards croft wing, half way up the street you suddenly see arrows against you and a load of irate old fuddies who came in through acadamey way...yet until you get to that there is nothing telling you no entry or one way, by then its too late !