Lack of support!

theinsider

I think the rugby had an affect on the attendance at the match in all fairness.

I know it doesn't make a massive difference but I know most of the lads who do come also are keen rugby supporters and would choose the rugby over the football all day long. I would say on a normal weekend without Rugby you could have added another 60/70 which would round it up to 180 home supporters as Harrogate in all fairness do not bring any fans.

This would still be above the average attendance last season so improvements all round.

Second in the league and only 114 fans turn up!

Chorley averaging 700 at home, Chester averaging over 2000 - can't see past these two for promotion.

Warrington can not compete financially with these two.

I thought that winning games on the field was what you had to do to get promotion. NOT buy your way into the next level. :shock::roll::roll::roll:

i do agree were sitting top half of the table and no one still seems to now who warrington town are and what league there in extra there needs to be posters put up everywhere adviting the club and the upcoming fixtures with some good offers on like ?15 for a family entrance something stupid what will get fans in like ?5 for adults and ?3 for kids when they show a warrington wolves season ticket

we need posters being put up ( i went to choley last week to play rugby and there was at least 3 posters in the one pub i went in and 2 in the corner shop thats all you need somewhere where outsiders who dont now about the club will see them and realise there local team are actually good)

why not just get a few done to start of with off with put them up in the bus station, the market and and the mall then if you want to carry on give them to the kids who will put them up there school and shops near there house this will bring in more fans im sure it will

Personally I think the College need to do more to promote the Club and the Home matches. After all they do sponsor the team.

A few of the lads who attend the games go to the Collegiate and never once have they been told about the matches, up and coming events and there is not one advertisement around the college to say they can get in for FREE!!!

Surely more can be done to promote FREE entry to matches for Collegiate students. Starting in the sports department as a must.

Some good points B.A. I spoke to gary after the match about that sort of thing.

We all need to come to the next meeting with an individual list of definite places and numbers where they can be put, not a guesstimate. Then we can give Gary numbers.

We have tried posters in the past but it made no difference - but willing to give it another go if there are willing volunteers to put them up.

Problem is at the moment games keep getting switched due to cup replays!

Personally I think the College need to do more to promote the Club and the Home matches. After all they do sponsor the team.

A few of the lads who attend the games go to the Collegiate and never once have they been told about the matches, up and coming events and there is not one advertisement around the college to say they can get in for FREE!!!

Surely more can be done to promote FREE entry to matches for Collegiate students. Starting in the sports department as a must.

Do you not have some poster templates on the fans website? Could you get some of thes eput up in the college?

I am happy to promote the club and up coming fixtures.

i will create a template poster and see what people think then i will start putting them up

Suugest you liaise with Rick fom the supporters club as I am sure he has already done some templates.

It would be good to see them going up at Lymm High School! :wink: