Gripes/Complaints/Bellyaches

CP

Yet again Wire have failed to make any impact in the playoffs.

Wigan and Saints have recruited very well for 2011 and as it stands I cant see Brett Hodgson making the difference for us next year. I cant see us winning anything next year with this squad + Hodgson.

IMO we need more beef in the pack, maybe at loose forward.

We also need to rid ourselves of Jon Clarke. In the last two games he has shown just how weak and feeble his defending is. Monaghan is no 1 hooker with Higham coming off the bench for me.

Something has gone wrong with Myler by all accounts. If he is not fitting in then he needs to be shown the door, although I cant think of any club who would want to cover his ?200k fee. A loan maybe?

Right now Im not enthused by the squad for next year. Lets hope Smith and Moran do some dealing over the Winter, getting shut of the weak links and bringing in some more quality.

Who do you think the weak links are at the moment, apart from the one you mentioned?

I have no gripes, or bellyaches, I think we've improved beyond our wildest dreams compared to last year.

I've heard the Myler rumour too. I was a bit put off him when he played so poorly for Salford after he signed for us.

I know he's only a young lad but he's also a professional player and should behave like one.

Weak links ? Wood, Cooper, Blythe, Grix and Mitchell, all of whom have figured in the first team this season. You've got to be brutally honest and ask the question, would any of the mentioned players find themselves in demand with any of our big rivals should they become available for transfer ? The answer is a resounding no they would not. We like to look upon them as quality players but they aren't. Getting shut of those would be a start and sign up Robinson and Westerman if possible would set us on the way with two or three more judicious signing of other quality players. Don't ask me who...that's Tony Smith's job.

I posted Chadwick I meant Robinson. Don't know where Chadwick came from unless it was the Chadwick I was at school with in 1896.

Briers, Hicks, King, Clarke, Higham, Wood all coming to end of their careers with Wolves after next season and Morley not getting any younger- so a big team re-building exercise is required- and fast.

The myler situation is also worrying - did that have some impact on the performance - on that first half showing something clearly not right.

Lack of Team spirit is an obvious problem which reared its ugly at Saints last week.

Something has obviously gone on that we dont know about but it appears from what Latch's source said that Mylers attitude is causing problems.

Weak links for me are Clarke, who is far too soft in defence.

Mathers is another but he is already gone.

Loose Forward is a weak position, I much prefer Harrison at front row with Carvell, Morley and Wood - who isn't a weak link imo.

I would love to see us sign an established quality loose forward, a young back up prop with real potential as i dont think Cooper cuts the the mustard.

I would also like to see a replacement for Briers coming in for 2011 in preparation for taking over in 2012.

I know I ask alot but as i stated earlier this team +Hodgson will not win anything next year.

Have we really improved that much :?::?:

We won the challenge cup this year and we won it last year, although it's tough to regain the cup it's the same feat so wouldn't say that was an improvement. Yes ok we finished third instead of last years ninth but the way I look at it is we were second with six points clear twice and lost both leads, then we also lost a thirty two points difference advantage so we've yet to find the clinical form or find the consistency we lacked years gone by.

Next years squad looks old.... Hicks, Solomona, Briers, Hodgson and Morley are all pushing 34, Monas, Clarke, Higham and Carvell are all pushing 31. The young lads we've got coming through like Blythe, Mcarthey, Mitchell and Cooper aren't good enough just yet and I doubt two of those ever will be.

From the other players Riley isn't good enough in defence and Atkins has had some shocking games in his first year, Grix is always injured and Myler has spat his dummy out... I'd like to see a good young forward come to the team next year like a Burgees, Idris or even another Harrison. The reason we hit the wall last night and couldn't go any further was because of the fatigue and that come with age, were an ageing squad and things need to be done soon to sort that out because at the end of 2011, five of those players will be leaving us as well as King so we need to act fast.

Westwood and Harrison are outstanding but we rely on them far to much and we need players to take some pressure of them.

Agree with most of that Latch although I think Atkins has been a revelation this season...just has the occassional brain fart though...but he aint the brightest spark in the box so we can forgive him for that.

I would like to see us replace some of these older players next year though.

Any truth in the Briers or Morley to Salford rumours?

Ive also read elsewhere that Wire are about the announce a major signing for next year. Any ideas?

Who do you think the weak links are at the moment, apart from the one you mentioned?

I have no gripes, or bellyaches, I think we've improved beyond our wildest dreams compared to last year.

I've heard the Myler rumour too. I was a bit put off him when he played so poorly for Salford after he signed for us.

I know he's only a young lad but he's also a professional player and should behave like one.

Well said.

I can't believe some of the comments on here. If someone offered us before the season started that we'd retained the Challenge Cup Final and come 2nd equal in the league we would all have said it's an improvement from last year and the club continues to move in the right direction.

Now we've acheived this, everyone is looking at why we didn't progress further in the play-offs and looking for excuses and trying to point the finger of blame. Shame on you all... :oops:

We've had a very successful season, and only one team can end up having a better season than us, and that's Wigan if they win the Grand Final, because they would have won 2 trophies to our one. I'd have certainly taken that at the beginning of the season. :shock:

Yes, we have an aging squad but I'm sure Smith knows that as well as us and will address it when he sees fit and keep us within the salary cap. Let's celebrate a great season and remember all the good times, not just the last 2 games. :D :D :D

Well said.

I can't believe some of the comments on here. If someone offered us before the season started that we'd retained the Challenge Cup Final and come 2nd equal in the league we would all have said it's an improvement from last year and the club continues to move in the right direction.

Now we've acheived this, everyone is looking at why we didn't progress further in the play-offs and looking for excuses and trying to point the finger of blame. Shame on you all... :oops:

We've had a very successful season, and only one team can end up having a better season than us, and that's Wigan if they win the Grand Final, because they would have won 2 trophies to our one. I'd have certainly taken that at the beginning of the season. :shock:

Yes, we have an aging squad but I'm sure Smith knows that as well as us and will address it when he sees fit and keep us within the salary cap. Let's celebrate a great season and remember all the good times, not just the last 2 games. :D :D :D

No complaints from me. We've had a great season and the Club in general is on the up.