MP carping again.

observer

Originally posted by Peter:

Originally posted by Dismayed:

:D:D Perhaps I too should become a politician :D

It wouldn't become you. You would lose your independent identity and freedom of speech.
Do you recon ? :D Hard nut to crack but I guess they have their ways :o

Some thoughts for Dis as she plots her campaign to become an elected member of the numpties that style themselves "Warrington Council":

Joseph Chamberlain

"In politics, there is no use looking beyond the next fortnight."

Joseph Chamberlain 1836-1914: letter from A. J. Balfour to 3rd Marquess of Salisbury, 24 March 1886

J. K. Galbraith

Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists in choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable.

J. K. Galbraith 1908- : letter to President Kennedy, 2 March 1962

George Orwell

Political language...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.

George Orwell 1903-50: Shooting an Elephant (1950) 'Politics and the English Language'

:wink:

Originally posted by McBain:

Some thoughts for Dis as she plots her campaign to become an elected member of the numpties that style themselves "Warrington Council":

Good quotes McB.... I was only kidding though as although I'd be happy to be called a numpty I wouldn't like to be associated with WBC :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

See Mrs Vobe MP, is kicking off again (ww news) against the Council - this time raging against neighbours from hell, as if she had some first hand practical experience! :roll: Whilst no one want's these demics as neighbours; ASBOs don't work on neanderthals and her Government is freeing folk from prison early cos they're full. :roll: