MP carping again.

observer

Haven't the Council just received a 4 * rating from the Audit Commission :wink:

Strange as when I read the overview (got bored with the rest) it did say

Warrington Borough Council is improving well. It has secured improvements in services that are in line with many of its priorities and performance has improved faster in most areas when compared with other authorities. For example, there is less traffic congestion at peak times....

But the council write the report and back it up with massaged figures about all the road improvements that they have carried out to make traffic flow better. It has no reality as to what is happening on the ground.

Not sure if it is classed as lies or spin.

It all looks very good on paper for some nomark in Whitehall who looks at ticks in boxes.

Originally posted by Dismayed:

and performance has improved faster in most areas when compared with other authorities.

But of course if you are starting from a long way back it is far easier to improve faster than those authorities who are starting from a much higher level....the nearer to perfection you are the harder it is to improve......that's what I always used to tell my shareholders when I was in business. :D

I guess senior Council employees rather like getting 4 *, it assists in them getting a bigger pay rise. :wink:

I've just noticed that they celebrated the 4* success at the HJ Stadium.....wonder if that was in their own time...or during work time. :wink:

We're Warrington...We're Excellent

We should be careful with such bold statements...tend to find that they come back to haunt. :wink:

Were our 2 MPs there, celebrating.

[ 15.02.2008, 08:29: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

Originally posted by observer:

See one of the local MPs is moaning that the Council hasn't got a grip of the local traffic situation - perhaps she could name a Council that has? :wink:

Well in fairnmess, they threw a load of monet at the disaster at Westbrook Asda, just to clog up a previously free flowing junction, I wouldn;t be giving this council any money for "improvements".

[ 17.02.2008, 22:31: Message edited by: Peter ]

Originally posted by observer:

Same all over the Country. :roll:

Might be the case, but I'm yet to see a road "improvement" that has made traffic worse elsewhere. In the Asda lights thread I did mention one in Aberdeen from years ago that was very similar to the Westbrook situation, however their they admitted their error and re-instated the old roundabout, and added pedestrian crossings on each approach arm, and that was a great success.

It seems to me, this solution for the Westbnrook shambles is being ignmored as it will piontedly show the error of the first redesign. They'd rather continue to "improve" the junction.

And they are that worried about the amount of congestion that it will cause that they still haven't turned the lights on at the LA Bowl junction..... despite them telling Cllr Kenny that they were doing it trhe week before last!

They even lie to their own councillors to avoid embarrassment!

Originally posted by BazJ:

And they are that worried about the amount of congestion that it will cause that they still haven't turned the lights on at the LA Bowl junction..... despite them telling Cllr Kenny that they were doing it trhe week before last!

They even lie to their own councillors to avoid embarrassment!

Indeed, I was wondering if this second white elephant was the work of the now "retired" head of services who was responsible for the Westbrook fiasco? Well no wonder really as it must have been on his watch, and if he did as much research as he has done at Asda, then like everyone else, I feel this will just cause even more headaches.

• 2 weeks later...