Team for Saints

CP

Can see Riley missing out as smith opts for Bridge and Atkins in the centres with Hicks and King on the wings.

This is a must win game as I cant see us making the GF without having the much needed week off. I can see the second round playoff games being very tough encounters.

If I was smith I would be all out for the win this weekend which will almost guarantee a GF place.

For what its worth I think Wigan will hammer Leeds in their game this weekend.

I also would leave out Riley in favour of Bridge. How about Myler though? Would you include him? By all accounts didn't play well against Quinns (maybe loss of confidence after being dropped for Cup Final) - that will be a BIG call once again for Smith. I think I'd include him instead of Higham, but I said the same for the Cup Final and look what happened - what do I know?? :oops:

I think we'll win whatever side Smith plays, and I also think that Leeds might sneak a win against the Pie Eaters, who haven't been in the best of form. :)

Agree with you CP.

Riley has a lot of work to do on his defence and positional play, the try Tom Briscoe scored for Hull against us was due to Riley's shocking positional play. He could also be blamed for the Lee Smith try at Wembley for being out of position. Against teams like Saints who have strong players at centre and wing it's probably best sacrificing his try scoring abilities for someone who is stronger in defence.

I also think Wigan will beat Leeds with the home advantage being the swing.

Personally I can't see Riley missing out as he is one of our top try scorers and has been a near ever present all season.

Team:

Mathers

Riley

Atkins

King

Hicks

Briers

Myler

Carvell

Monaghan

Morley

Westwood

L Anderson

Harrison

Subs: from Bridge, Solomona, Wood, Clarke, Higham, V Anderson

That will be the 19 any way!

Well, after the conjecture about should we win or should we lose, TS has put out a strong team for Friday:

Louis Anderson, Ryan Atkins, Chris Bridge, Lee Briers, Garreth Carvell, Jon Clarke, Mike Cooper, Ben Harrison, Chris Hicks, Mickey Higham, Matt King, Richie Mathers, Michael Monaghan, Adrian Morley, Richie Myler, Chris Riley, David Solomona, Ben Westwood, Paul Wood

Well, after the conjecture about should we win or should we lose, TS has put out a strong team for Friday:

Louis Anderson, Ryan Atkins, Chris Bridge, Lee Briers, Garreth Carvell, Jon Clarke, Mike Cooper, Ben Harrison, Chris Hicks, Mickey Higham, Matt King, Richie Mathers, Michael Monaghan, Adrian Morley, Richie Myler, Chris Riley, David Solomona, Ben Westwood, Paul Wood

No Vinnie - strong squad that. I'd go for:-

Mathers

King

Bridge

Atkins

Hicks

Myler

Briers

Morley

Monas

Carvell

Anderson