Friday V Quins.

Latchford Wolvesfan

Quins will win this for me, said that all along.

Wire had a cup final on Saturday, busy day on Sunday including Stockton Heath at night, busy awards dinner last night, Lance Todd Trophy dinner tonight and all that will put us in a right tired state come Friday.

We've also all seen the team for the game which I think is very disrespectful to those fans like myself who will be making the long journey fighting all the traffic to go and watch what can only be described as a make shift team.

That team isn't good enough to win, the first team players in that team will be knackered, no goal-kicker so on and so on.

Quins by 10 for me.

Wire had a cup final on Saturday, busy day on Sunday including Stockton Heath at night, busy awards dinner last night, Lance Todd Trophy dinner tonight and all that will put us in a right tired state come Friday.

We've also all seen the team for the game which I think is very disrespectful to those fans like myself who will be making the long journey fighting all the traffic to go and watch what can only be described as a make shift team.

That team isn't good enough to win, the first team players in that team will be knackered, no goal-kicker so on and so on.

Quins by 10 for me.

Five players rested from final and five newcomers with a point to prove - don't give up on them that easily.

Whatever happens we are playing Saints in the play-offs - probably twice! :shock:

Quins by 10 for me.

I appreciate that it is very disappointing for any fans who are making the long trek down to London again (I won't be - don't finish work early enough) but I think from a team point of view Smith has made the right decision (yet again!!) letting some players take a well earned rest so that the are fresh for the play-off against Saints. I think the players coming in will be really geared up to try and prove a point to improve their chances of play-off rugby, so who knows........

Quins 18 - Wire 24

MOM Myler/Bridge

Quins by 10 for me.

Don't go then....Simples!! :wink::lol::lol::lol:

Quins by 10 for me.

Don't go then....Simples!! :wink::lol::lol::lol:

Seconded.

Couldn't agree more.

Quins offer nothing, they bring very little support to away games as well as having been bailed out in previous seasons. For me Rugby League is a Northern game and always will be. Quins failure to be successful on the pitch and off with poor attendances and finance problems is proof that the Southerners just ain't interested.

Bring back a good old Northern team such as Widnes or Whitehaven etc.

Couldn't agree more.

Quins offer nothing, they bring very little support to away games as well as having been bailed out in previous seasons. For me Rugby League is a Northern game and always will be. Quins failure to be successful on the pitch and off with poor attendances and finance problems is proof that the Southerners just ain't interested.

My sarcasm detector is at half tilt here.

Couldn't agree more.

:D spot on .... :D

Quins by 10 for me.

Oh Yee of little faith! :wink:

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/8878/1/Bridge-inspires-Wolves-victory/Page1.html

Last night's game wasn't televised so who was the bright spark who decided it should be played at 8pm on a Friday night ? This meant that very few Wire fans could make the game plus it gave Skints an unfair advantage in the fact that they now know just how many points they need to beat Castleford by to gain second place ensuring a home game in the play-offs. To be fair both games should have kicked off at the same time on the same day.

Wire made hard work of it last night and should have racked up 12 more points but for there mistakes and ropey defence.

Knock-ons from Higham, Myler, Solomona (2), Hicks and Bridge were terrible and unforced, Myler had a complete shocker, terrible with the boot and a knock-on down the centre of the park with nobody in front or behind him was 6 point gone begging.

Slow start conceding 12 points in 7 mins, Mathers was the worst player on the pitch in defence and attack and reminded me just why were offloading him to Castleford.

Solomona can win games with his offloads as we all know but sometimes you've just got to keep hold of the ball and take the tackle, stupid offloads in the opposition half with 3 tackles left is mindless.

We missed King in defence big time and we missed the playing leadership of Morley.... Don't think 8 points is enough to stay above Saints but we were able to rest 5 or 6 men and hopefully that will give us a fighting chance at Knowsley Road next week.

Wire made hard work of it last night and should have racked up 12 more points but for there mistakes and ropey defence.

Knock-ons from Higham, Myler, Solomona (2), Hicks and Bridge were terrible and unforced, Myler had a complete shocker, terrible with the boot and a knock-on down the centre of the park with nobody in front or behind him was 6 point gone begging.

Slow start conceding 12 points in 7 mins, Mathers was the worst player on the pitch in defence and attack and reminded me just why were offloading him to Castleford.

Solomona can win games with his offloads as we all know but sometimes you've just got to keep hold of the ball and take the tackle, stupid offloads in the opposition half with 3 tackles left is mindless.

We missed King in defence big time and we missed the playing leadership of Morley.... Don't think 8 points is enough to stay above Saints but we were able to rest 5 or 6 men and hopefully that will give us a fighting chance at Knowsley Road next week.

Instead of focusing on all the negatives think back to last season at The Stoop! :roll:

Wire made hard work of it last night and should have racked up 12 more points but for there mistakes and ropey defence.............. blah blah blah .

Flippin' heck they have just won the Challenge Cup and have no doubt had a heck of a week. They WON last night too :D:D

Nice one Chaps :D

Instead of focusing on all the negatives think back to last season at The Stoop! :roll:

The game on Friday wasn't about beating Quins, it was about beating Quins with plenty of points... We failed to do that due to the reasons I've stated.... because of that, win, lose or draw were going to be playing Saints twice at KR instead of at home and were staring down the barrel of a gun my friend.

No more finals for the Wire this year.

The game on Friday wasn't about beating Quins, it was about beating Quins with plenty of points... We failed to do that due to the reasons I've stated.... because of that, win, lose or draw were going to be playing Saints twice at KR instead of at home and were staring down the barrel of a gun my friend.

On the basis that this all started with your statement that Quins would win on Friday I'll live with your expert view on our chances going forward.

What's all this rubbish about Quins being bailed out numerous times, that's just making things up.

We won and that's all there is to it. On paper it was a relative easy game, but because we didn't really prepare very well due to cup celebrations and all the changes to the team, I thought it was a great win and showed the true spirit and grit of the team moving into the play-offs.

I'm not "doom and gloom" about facing Saints away in the play-offs. We'll beat them on Friday and if we have to play them again to get to Old Trafford we'll beat them again. I think we have shown that we can beat anyone on our day and I'm sure Saints won't be looking forward to playing us.....

Old Trafford here we come :D:D:D

Told you so...

We'll beat one of the Hull's next week and then we'll be beaten again in two weeks time at KR.

Told you so...

We'll beat one of the Hull's next week and then we'll be beaten again in two weeks time at KR.

Nah - tactical masterstroke - a home game next week to fill the coffers and then a return to Knowsley Road to cause a great upset against all odds and showdown with Wigan in the Grand Final. Live in hope! :wink:

Told you so...

Nah - tactical masterstroke - a home game next week to fill the coffers and then a return to Knowsley Road to cause a great upset against all odds and showdown with Wigan in the Grand Final. Live in hope! :wink:

I hope your kidding Gary.... Your either a plonker or blind, I can assure you we will not be at old trafford this year and we will not beat Saints.