The party is over!

Gary

Originally posted by Victor:

For the very reasons that you quote, is why I would never enter the political arena. Let's just get the revolution started !!!!

You could be called the 'Victory' Campaign :D

(although you'd have to be careful as you'd also have the word 'tory' in it :P )

Originally posted by Painter Geoff:

I think that's one for Paul's candidate to explain when he comes knocking on your door :D

You know what in the 18 years I've lived in my current home I've never had any prospective candidates knock on my door or phone me up tele canvasing.

Do they still do that and are they missing me out intentionally cos they know I'll keep them talking for ages :D

Diz; most people, without any actual experience, have a correct contempt for politics and politicians. :roll: The British political system, (the so called "mother of parliaments), is not only archaic and as we are now discovering - corrupt; but it is also intrinsically unrepresentative and inefficient. :roll: As for politicos knocking on your door; forget talking to them for more than a few seconds; all they want is your voting intentions for their data base - period. :roll:

Obs may have a point perhaps they akready know your strong voting intentions or think they do and therefore don't knock on your door.

I'm sure however if they knew that you wanted someone to call they would oblige. With the May election now underway officially you should be getting leaflets through the door with candidate details in them - why not phone them up and invite them round to your place - if they don't tale up your offer then name and shame them on here.

You can of course attend their surgeries which they should be holding on a regular basis, be they MPs, potential MPs, Councillors or potential councillors. Details usually appear in the press and in public libraries. :D

Originally posted by Dismayed:

Originally posted by Painter Geoff:

I think that's one for Paul's candidate to explain when he comes knocking on your door :D

You know what in the 18 years I've lived in my current home I've never had any prospective candidates knock on my door or phone me up tele canvasing.

Do they still do that and are they missing me out intentionally cos they know I'll keep them talking for ages :D

You were out when I called :wink:

Interestingly there are approximately 45,000 homes in the Warrington South Constituency, over the last year I and a small team have canvassed about 8,000, so I think you can see the scale of the work involved. We have however managed to deliver about 400,000 pieces of literature across the Constituency, and whilst it is true to say some has gone straight in the bin, we know from conversations, comments and replies much is being read.

Originally posted by Dismayed:

Originally posted by Victor:

For the very reasons that you quote, is why I would never enter the political arena. Let's just get the revolution started !!!!

You could be called the 'Victory' Campaign :D

(although you'd have to be careful as you'd also have the word 'tory' in it :D:D:D :loveyou:

• 2 weeks later...

What is a politician? What do they look like?

Are they a different species, or are they ordinary folk who want a better deal?

Are ordinary folk who decide to become politically active, politicians? Or are Politicians professionally motivated?

I have met a politically active person recently whom I take my hat off to! First rate chap!

No, it's not PK, but he's not bad either. :onfire:

Well intentioned ordinary folk mostly, who enter a club with unwritten rules, the main one being that of conforming with the avarice and careerism of your peers, even though that may conflict with your original sense of what is right or wrong for the ordinary folk. :wink:

[ 07.04.2008, 23:27: Message edited by: observer ]