Wolves on course for double!

Gary

At least we're in with a chance and it's been a long time since we've been able to say that. It will happen though, I'm convinced of that. We may be a couple of seasons away from where Mr Smith wants to be but we'll get there in the end. He's certainly the best coach we've had since I've been a supporter. One of the reasons I admire the man is his aversion to the wrestling tactics which, in my opinion, is bringing the game down as a spectacle. It's some kind of justice that the two teams contesting the CC Final are the top entertainers in the game who haven't gone down the wrestling route quite so much as the others.

As Latch says, if wire meet saints in the playoffs home or away its curtains.

Wire dont have the mental strength to put saints to the sword even though they are the better team and have been for some time.

We'll almost certainly meet Saints in the play-offs now, it's just a matter of location now.

I can see us winning, regardless of whether we're home or away. Just you watch you doubters......... :wink:

I can't believe some of the negativity on this Site. I sometimes have to look at the calendar when I've been on here and check to make sure it's not still 2002. I agree that we're not the finished article yet, but for Christ's sake look on the bright side. It's our best season in SL, we're at Wembley for the second year in a row, the Club has made a profit during a recession, the U 20's and U18's are ripping it up in their respective leagues, young players want to join us.

Anyone else want to be positive?

I can't believe some of the negativity on this Site. I sometimes have to look at the calendar when I've been on here and check to make sure it's not still 2002. I agree that we're not the finished article yet, but for Christ's sake look on the bright side. It's our best season in SL, we're at Wembley for the second year in a row, the Club has made a profit during a recession, the U 20's and U18's are ripping it up in their respective leagues, young players want to join us.

Anyone else want to be positive?

Well said Teeside.......

:D

Like one or two others on the Site I've been through every emotion possible on the Wire Roller Coaster over the years. I started in 1966 when things weren't that good. They improved a bit in 1967-68 and then we had a massive downward spiral coming to a head with that 50-0 home defeat by Salford when a 14 or 15 year old schoolboy threw away his season ticket and cryed his eyes out (I picked the season ticket up before I went home though). Then there was the Murphy era which coincided with my student years, followed by a series of good and bad times, the worst by far being 2002 when we accquired a coach who didn't have a clue what he was doing and a group of players who were all drinking in the last chance saloon.

Next came the move to the HJ, which in my opinion saved the Club, and although it hasn't all been plain sailing since, the club has constantly moved in a positive direction which some people on here don't seem to have noticed.

This is the best state that I have ever known the Club to be in and I for one am very happy.

Like one or two others on the Site I've been through every emotion possible on the Wire Roller Coaster over the years. I started in 1966 when things weren't that good. They improved a bit in 1967-68 and then we had a massive downward spiral coming to a head with that 50-0 home defeat by Salford when a 14 or 15 year old schoolboy threw away his season ticket and cryed his eyes out (I picked the season ticket up before I went home though). Then there was the Murphy era which coincided with my student years, followed by a series of good and bad times, the worst by far being 2002 when we accquired a coach who didn't have a clue what he was doing and a group of players who were all drinking in the last chance saloon.

Next came the move to the HJ, which in my opinion saved the Club, and although it hasn't all been plain sailing since, the club has constantly moved in a positive direction which some people on here don't seem to have noticed.

This is the best state that I have ever known the Club to be in and I for one am very happy.

Ditto! :D

Thank God for that. I was beginning to think that I was the only happy Wire fan in the country.

Unfortunately good news doesn't attract much attention.

Some people are only happy when they are moaning - although I must say there has been an amazing transformation by Safeway56! :wink: