Triassic Devon - 240 million years of History

indy

:shock::D Well i'm back from my travels and my exploration of the Triassic coastline of Easrt Devon..... 8)

Archaeologist & Historian James Balme has returned from a visit to East Devon where he explored the Triassic & Jurassic coastline formed over the past 240 million years. This film contains breathtaking footage shot by James along the coastline in an area classed as highly dangerous due to the constant collapse of the cliffs into the sea below !!!! Whilst it is true that James took a calculated risk examining and indeed entering parts of the cliff he felt that the final results of the film far outweighed his personal safety. At no time did James involve anyone else at the location.

Indeed James returned to the cliffs a few days later to find that one cave featured in the film had since slipped into the sea the previous evening. Just one small piece of the cliff weighed in excess of 15 tonnes highlighting the potential danger of the area.

James would like to highlight the fact that the area of the cliffs at Sidmouth is not suitable for general public access and that any visit to the site should be taken only with an understanding & the knowledge of the contstant dangers involved with such actions. The cliffs can and do collapse with no warning and are lethal to anyone who may be below at the time.

:shock: Not inconsiderate at all.... there was no-one else involved with the filming so no-one else was at risk !!!!

Besides that I had already checked with local experts as to the likelyhood of any imminet collapse.

Collapses are most common during damp or wet weather and it has been dry at the cliffs for over three weeks.

The cliffs were monitored for 36 hours before filming for any signs of cracking or visible movement.

Driving a car is something most of us do day to day with a constant danger of being injured or killed at any moment without warning, do we all avoid driving for that reason ? no we don't.... so inconsiderate with my filming? I don't think so 8)

I had already checked with local experts as to the likelyhood of any imminet collapse.

The cliffs were monitored for 36 hours before filming for any signs of cracking or visible movement.

James returned to the cliffs a few days later to find that one cave featured in the film had since slipped into the sea the previous evening. Just one small piece of the cliff weighed in excess of 15 tonnes highlighting the potential danger of the area.

So would you go back again and trust what the 'local experts' say again Indy :shock::lol::wink:

Joking ? aside the cave shown on your film was absolutely amazing as were the rock formations etc.

Thanks for risking your life to show it to us but next time maybe you should stick to the guided tours and jurrasic/triassic heritage trail walks around that area... we'd miss you if you got squashed :lol::wink: