Resting Players

Wolfette

Already posted this in another thread.

Think its highly likely that Monaghan will be rested and Clarke will get an opportunity this weekend.

We could see Louis Anderson rested too as im sure he was nursing a broken hooter in the game against wigan.

Think Westwood is now crucial to the team given his recent goalkicking exploits.

There's a vital few weeks coming up and we stand a very good chance of cleaning up. I think it's very important that we field the strongest possible side for each game or else we could finish up winning nowt. The alternative is to write off one of the honours and concentrate on what's left. There's no way that Saints can beat us this time...They are a busted flush...injuries...team of kids and grandads...homeless and now's the time to take advantage.

This is a game that neither team will want leading up to the semi final in 2 weeks time.

I really think Tony will be prepared to throw a few youngsters into the mix for this one. If we win fantastic, if we lose then it wont matter aslong as we beat saints the week after.

The most important thing though is to keep a few aces up our sleeves for the semi final.

I think he'll play his strongest team and try and lay down a massive marker for the semi by soundly beating them on their own soil.

We're starting to build some momentum towards the business end of the season and Smith has plenty of experience in doing this successfully so hopefully we'll just get stronger and stronger as the season wears on....

This is the year of The Wire :D

We can afford to rest a few players and still win... I'm sure TS knows what he's going to do already, The players have been given three days off to rest and I'm sure a few will be rested against Catalans.

We are indeed coming up to the business end of the season and that's why you need your big players to be as fit as possible come the big games like Saints, Semi-Final and Hull FC, No disrespect to the teams not mentioned but we'll see off Wakefield, Catalans (League) and Harlequins whilst resting a few just like we did Celtic and Castleford.

This is a game that neither team will want leading up to the semi final in 2 weeks time.

I really think Tony will be prepared to throw a few youngsters into the mix for this one. If we win fantastic, if we lose then it wont matter aslong as we beat saints the week after.

The most important thing though is to keep a few aces up our sleeves for the semi final.

No two games are the same even when you are playing against the same team again.

Tony will only rest players if he thinks they will benefit from being rested.

Fair play Gary but do you really think Tony would tell you his REAL thoughts about team selection.

His response was that we will always try and win, which is true. We will try and win whoever is playing or not playing.

He kept on repeating himself about resting players as and when required so I fully expect at least 2 to be rested this weekend. And some maybe given limited playing time depending on how the game pans out.