Tonight.

Teessidewire

The man from Del Monte, he says YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA!

Sorry about that last night, I'd just supped a full bottle of red in record time. Just watched the match again. Our handling was awful for the first 20 minutes (although you can't help but think when the ball flies out at speed from a 3 man tackle that it may have been reefed out), but the defence was magnificent. The attacking kicks caused havoc in the Wigan defence and the 2 Bens, Westwood and Harrison, were immense. All in all a great win that keeps the league very much alive.

Carvell and Mathers did there best to try and lose us the game.

Carvell can be excused due to the lack of rugby over the last 3-4 months but Mathers showed again why he just isn't good enough.

Good performances by everyone in the pack barr Carvell.

Top performance last night from almost all the players exceptions being Mathers and Carvell. I particularly enjoyed the biff Harrison gave to Fielden which knocked him senseless. Benny didn't give away a single penalty which for him is very rare. Briers as usual gave a masterclass to young Mr Tomkins who apart from a slick back-handed pass did naff all. His brother though is a nasty piece of work. He dropped on Richie Myler with the point of his elbow on his neck / jaw long after the ball had been touched down for the try and I hope the powers that be will review this act of thuggery and discipline the nasty barsteward accordingly. Are we yet the finished article ? Not yet but we are on the way. We have always been able to pull off the odd surprise but not consistently but I've every confidence in the present coach to think we'll get there shortly. Not to take anything away from last nights victory but Wigan were very poor and didn't look remotely like a table topping side.

Mathers just simply isn't good enough and thank god Castleford are taking him of our hands, Carvell had a shocker throughout and Louis Anderson had a terrible first half but made up for it in the second 40.

Not sure Wire dropped that many ball as the Wigan players had 3-4 men in every tackle and they were all over the ball carrying arm, some of the deemed dropped balls were very suspect to say the least.

Warrington did very well to hold on in the first 25 mins and on a whole thought we were the better team and deserved the win against what looked like a very well drilled Wigan team... However taking nothing away from the Warrington performance I think more is needed coming into the business end of the season, you can only beat what's in front of you but Wigan had 4-5 first team players missing whilst losing another in the second half.

Top performance last night from almost all the players exceptions being Mathers and Carvell. I particularly enjoyed the biff Harrison gave to Fielden which knocked him senseless. Benny didn't give away a single penalty which for him is very rare. Briers as usual gave a masterclass to young Mr Tomkins who apart from a slick back-handed pass did naff all. His brother though is a nasty piece of work. He dropped on Richie Myler with the point of his elbow on his neck / jaw long after the ball had been touched down for the try and I hope the powers that be will review this act of thuggery and discipline the nasty barsteward accordingly. Are we yet the finished article ? Not yet but we are on the way. We have always been able to pull off the odd surprise but not consistently but I've every confidence in the present coach to think we'll get there shortly. Not to take anything away from last nights victory but Wigan were very poor and didn't look remotely like a table topping side.

WIGAN Warriors second row Joel Tomkins has been charged with a Grade A offence for late contact on try scorer Richie Myler in the 30th minute of Friday's match at the DW stadium.

He will appear at a disciplinary hearing in Leeds tomorrow.

Cheap shot merchant is Joel Tomkins. He is constantly looking to unfairly hurt his opponents especially when they are in vulnerable positions. Did a similar thing to Mathers in the second half.

The RFL should throw the book at him to ensure he thinks twice before doing things like that again.

Unfortunately a Grade A offence only carries 1 game. It may be of interest to know that Joel is the most penalised forward in SL this season. My opinion is that it should have been a penalty after the conversion and 10 mins in the bin at the very least.

Wigan are also second bottom in the fair play league. Their supporters will argue that most of the penalties are for lying on at the tackle, but is this the way that they've got the best defence in SL?

Unfortunately a Grade A offence only carries 1 game. It may be of interest to know that Joel is the most penalised forward in SL this season. My opinion is that it should have been a penalty after the conversion and 10 mins in the bin at the very least.

Wigan are also second bottom in the fair play league. Their supporters will argue that most of the penalties are for lying on at the tackle, but is this the way that they've got the best defence in SL?

They are the masters of this, and make them a very boring and tedious side to watch - their tactice almost borders on cheating....

I've been watching the game for decades and seem some seriously nasty pieces of work but I've never seen such a blatant example of total thuggery than what Tomkins did on Myler. Had he achieved what he attempted Myler could now be dead or at least very seriously injured. Tomkins could now be facing manslaughter charges instead of being three hundred quid light in his back pocket. At the risk of being labelled cry-babies Warrington RLFC should make a strong protest regarding this incident and demand the RL think again...Tomkins has effectively got off scot-free. What message is it sending to youngsters coming into the game ? That seriously physical and probably criminal assaults are part and parcel of the game ?