• RUSH
    • STATUS QUO
    • THIN LIZZY
    • WHITESNAKE

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the poll was greatest rock bad of all time and as Billy Haley and the Comets were one of the first rock bands they had to be in it. Now if they had put in Chuck Berry I would have voted for him. :wink:

gp - I like U2 as well. The truth is that it is hard to pick just one group for some of us, who have been around for a long time. :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by lyf.rox:

Hey! bon jovi arn't on ur list :P 1,000,000 records sold and still going i think they deserve a mention!

I saw queen on their last tour with paul rogers, it rocked!!!! but wasn't quite the same without freddie (RIP) so they get my vote!

They deserve a mention but not under the 'Greatest rock band of all time' banner.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gary, is this poll the same one whose announcement was made in the papers today with 90,000 voters, mostly in GB? The winner was Oasis --- oh, no, it wouldn't be the same - this was for best album of all time. Winner was Oasis, but the title slips my mind. #2 and #3 was Sgt.Pepper and Revolver by the Fab Four, of course.

Yes, I suppose any polls of living beings might be skewed toward more recent players.

Just an idle provocative thought: Were the Village People and Queen popular at the very same time? I wonder what a poll of ... oh, please, I won't go there.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi. I'm new at the forum. Although no-one has posted in this thread for some time I'd like to share my music preferences. I voted for The Beatles but the list lucks of Marillion. Their albums like Clutching At Straws or Misplaced Childhood are real pearls among other records in my music collection.

[ 09.08.2006, 01:22: Message edited by: Casey ]

• 3 months later...